THE dishwasher detergents they are far too expensive and it cannot be said for sure that they are environmentally friendly: the production processes are energy-intensive and polluting, and wastewater containing detergents risk polluting groundwater, soil and atmosphere.
A valid alternative to tablets for dishwasher found on the market is do-it-yourself liquid detergent; it is easy to produce and effective in cleaning dishes; The do-it-yourself detergent is able to clean, eliminate bacteria, remove grease and eliminate bad odors by exploiting the properties of natural ingredients such as lemon, vinegar and salt.
DIY dishwasher detergent, the advantages
- It is ecological
- It has a minimal cost
- It does not have a negative impact on the environment
- There is no risk of releasing harmful substances on the dishes
Do-it-yourself dishwasher detergent, what we need
- 2 lemons
- 150 grams of coarse salt
- 80 ml of white vinegar
- 180 ml of water
Do-it-yourself dishwasher detergent, the procedure
- After washing and cutting the lemons into small pieces, transfer them to the mixer
- Add the coarse salt and blend on medium speed until you have obtained a homogeneous mixture
- At this point, add the vinegar, water and blend for another two minutes
- Transfer the freshly prepared mixture into a saucepan and cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring to prevent the mixture from sticking
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it rest in a container with the lid.
Here's yours dishwasher detergent ready to use
As you have seen, the detergents from you are simple to prepare and cheap and they also give us the opportunity to protect the environment in our small way.
DIY dishwasher tablets
As with liquid detergent, even those who prefer a natural version of dishwasher tablets can delight in self-production and do-it-yourself. All the instructions are available in the article:DIY dishwasher tablets.
How to clean the dishwasher
To best clean the dishes, they must be placed in a clean and well-sanitized environment. Are you sure you are properly servicing your dishwasher? Monthly it is good to sanitize this appliance with specific products (preferably natural) and do a "service wash" with sodium bicarbonate and / or white vinegar. All instructions on proper dishwasher maintenance are contained in the guide article:
- How to clean your dishwasher naturally
Alternative uses of the dishwasher
Not everyone knows that the dishwasher is a very versatile appliance! Not only does it wash, it can also cook or sterilize glass jars and baby bottles. All information is available in the help articles:
- How to cook in the dishwasher
- How to sterilize glass jars