It is obtained from the apricot kernel apricot oil; a product that can be used both on the skin and in the kitchen in the preparation of cakes, biscuits and sweets in general instead of olive oil. In any case, we are talking about an oil with a high antioxidant action; according to experts it would be able to prevent the formation of cancer cells.
Its color ranges from very pale yellow to orange and the smell can recall that of walnut. Since it is a fatty oil, it should be mixed with hazelnut oil, so as to facilitate its penetration into the skin.
Apricot oil nutritional properties
The antioxidant action is determined by the high presence of vitamin E; a micronutrient able to raise the body's natural protective barriers, also fighting problems related to the cardiovascular system. This oil has unsaturated fats which, as we know, are very beneficial for our body.
Apricot oil, benefits in cosmetics
- In cosmetics, apricot oil is highly regarded for its beneficial properties on the skin; it is an excellent emollient, elasticizing and protective. It is particularly appreciated by those who suffer from dry skin, as it stimulates the production of sebum, thus regulating the hydrolipidic film, which is essential for the health of the epidermis
- It can also be used as a natural anti-wrinkle; deeply moisturizes the skin and fights free radicals, preventing the natural signs of aging
- Thanks to phytosterols, skin microcirculation is improved and there is an additional barrier against harmful UV rays.
- It can also protect the skin from the sun during the hottest months thanks to its soothing and protective action, but be careful not to use it under direct sun, otherwise it has the opposite effect
- Apricot oil is also ideal for those suffering from couperose or capillary fragility. It is a shield not only against climatic factors (excessive heat or cold), but also against pollution and bacteria that attack the skin of the face every day. Just apply a few drops of this vegetable oil on the skin of the face in the morning, before going to work.
- Always on a cosmetic level it can also be used for the body. Just mix it with essential oils or creams, to obtain products for complete personal care and to perform draining and deep circulatory massages. By combining apricot oil with linseed oil, you will have a perfect mask to be applied to the hair before shampooing. This natural remedy is recommended for those people who have brittle and dull hair.
Apricot oil, uses in the kitchen
Since it is a rather sweet oil, it is not recommended to use it as a dressing for first and second courses; better to add it to a dessert, but its beneficial effects would be somewhat lost. To benefit from its beneficial properties, it is advisable to take 1 teaspoon of apricot oil raw every day or use it to flavor some desserts.
Could it be interesting for you Apricot seeds