There tinfoil it is a very popular product in the kitchen especially when it comes to preserving food. If you only use it to wrap foods and store them, you should know that it can also be very useful for other household chores.
In this regard we will illustrate you how to use tinfoil, suggesting some really interesting alternative uses.
There tinfoil can it be used on both sides?
Tinfoil has one side that is shiny and another is opaque; both sides have the same function. However, if the purpose is to transport food, that changes. The bright side is the one that absorbs the most heat, as it reflects the light the most. Consequently, when it comes to cooking in the oven, for example, it is better to turn the shiny part inwards and the opaque part outwards.
Is it dangerous to use tinfoil?
At the moment, studies ensure that the use of this product in the kitchen does not represent a health hazard.
How to use tinfoil, alternative uses
- If the brown sugar is hardened, just wrap it with aluminum foil and put it in the oven at 150 degrees for 5 minutes. The sugar will return to its normal state
- If you want to keep bread, biscuits or any baked food, before consuming them, immediately wrap them with aluminum foil
- If you want to give shine to your dishes, just cover the bottom of a pan with aluminum foil, pour a little water and two tablespoons of salt. Soak the cutlery in this mixture for three minutes, then wait for it to dry and rub it with a cotton cloth
- If you want to clean and polish the jewelry, just cover the bottom of a pot with aluminum foil and pour in a little liquid detergent. Soak the jewelry then wash it and let it dry
- To make it easier to iron your clothes, just cover them with aluminum foil and a cloth. This way, you can iron both sides at the same time
- To clean the iron, you can rub a sheet of aluminum foil a couple of times
- To sharpen the scissors, simply fold a sheet of aluminum foil into several parts and cut it into several pieces. The scissors will be much sharper afterwards
- To prevent insects from damaging the plants just put pieces of aluminum foil in the pots
- To remove grease stains from the oven, just cover the oven with aluminum foil before using it, you will avoid these annoying stains and save time to clean it.
- To better preserve the soap in pieces, just wrap it in aluminum foil: you will prevent it from melting
- If you want to leave your pots looking like new after using them, make a ball of aluminum foil and rub them when it is time to wash them.
- To clean the iron, put a sheet of aluminum foil on the ironing board, add salt and move the iron as if you were ironing. You will remove everything that had adhered to the iron.