Apple cider vinegar is a very popular food also for its multiple uses at home and for various beauty remedies. For more information, read "Uses of apple cider vinegar at home" There are many brands on the market but they are not always of high quality; some apple vinegars on the market, in fact, contain sulphates, a substance that acts as a preservative and allows the product to maintain a homogeneous appearance.
However, this substance eliminates some properties of apple cider vinegar and reduces its quality. For this reason, it is not always possible to enjoy all the benefits offered by pure apple cider vinegar. Fortunately, this product with a thousand virtues can be made at home! In this regard we will illustrate you how to make apple cider vinegar at home following our recipe step by step.
Homemade apple cider vinegar, useful recommendation
For the preparation we need sweet apples that are not bruised, free from mold and fresh, preferably organic to prevent the presence of chemicals from altering the fermentation process.
How to make apple cider vinegar at home, Preparation
- After washing the apples thoroughly, peel them and remove the core then squeeze the pulp until you get about a liter of juice
- Pour the apple juice into a fairly large glass or earthenware container: it should only be filled up to halfway to allow the juice to ferment properly
- Close the container with a deflated balloon to prevent oxygen from entering and to allow the fermentation gases to expand
- Make sure that the temperature to which the container is exposed is always between 18 and 20 ° C and let it ferment for 4-6 weeks. The sweetness of apples is essential for making this vinegar. For this reason, we recommend using ripe apples. If you want to speed up fermentation, leave a small piece of peel on the apples before extracting the juice
- Now proceed with the transformation into vinegar and start by pouring the must into another container
- At this point, pour the must into a large container and store it in a warm place, for example next to a stove or in direct sunlight.
- Let it rest for 3 days, covered with a clean cloth
- After 3 days, remove the cloth and try to keep the container at an average temperature of 20 ° C. Stir the contents once a day in order to preserve the film that appears on the surface as a result of fermentation
- Filter the vinegar and store it in a bottle, preferably dark in color, since direct light can easily ruin the product.
Here's yours homemade organic apple cider vinegar, without chemicals with all its medicinal properties.
Other articles that may interest you:Apple cider vinegar: a natural remedy that works