If you love homemade stuffed pasta, i ravioli they will never disappoint you especially if we use healthy and tasty ingredients as filling, such as spinach and ricotta. With the preparation of this dish, the genuine flavors of homemade pasta are rediscovered; homemade puff pastry is something really rare in our kitchens, you don't have time and you prefer to buy fresh pasta in supermarkets!
And what about the filling? All ingredients that are good for health! In fact, spinach has significant nutritional and beneficial properties, so much so that it occupies an important position in the ranking of the healthiest foods for our body.
When buying, pay attention to the freshness of spinach, when they are a little old they contain nitrites that have harmful effects: prefer those of biological origin then check the color which must be a nice uniform green, without yellowish parts and with hard and strong stems. To be sure of the genuineness of spinach you can also grow them. For further information, please refer to the article "How to grow spinach"
Ravioli with spinach, ingredients for 4 people
- 500 grams of flour type 00
- 40 grams of butter
- 250 grams of cottage cheese
- 4 organic eggs
- 250 grams of fresh or frozen spinach
- A few sage leaves
- Parmesan to taste
- Pepper as needed.
- Salt to taste.
Ravioli with spinach, preparation of puff pastry
- Pour the flour, eggs and water into a bowl then mix everything with your hands until you get the necessary consistency
- Once this is done, knead the pastry on the wooden board and roll it into two sheets that are not too thin
- Ravioli with spinach, filling preparation
- Pour the ricotta and spinach previously washed and chopped into a bowl then mix the ingredients well, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
Ravioli with spinach, stuffing
- Arrange the filling in piles on one of the two sheets and cover with the other by compressing the dough around each pile
- Cut out the ravioli with the toothed wheel or a copa-pasta then put them to cook in plenty of boiling salted water Drain the ravioli when they rise to the surface (after about 3 minutes)
- Arrange the ravioli in a non-stick pan where the butter has previously been melted
- Add the fresh sage, parmesan and pepper and sauté the ravioli over medium heat
Yours are ready to serve on the table homemade ravioli with spinach.
For further information, we recommend reading the article "Stuffing for ravioli, the recipes"