How to make millet pancakes: the recipe and the procedure, step by step, to prepare millet pancakes and croquettes with a few simple ingredients.
There are those who call themmillet pancakesand who defines themmillet croquettes, the result consists of small pizzas with a rounded or oval shape (like the classic potato croquettes), with the characteristic flavor ofmile. Recall that themileit does not contain gluten, so it is a cereal suitable for celiacs.
Themillet croquettes or pancakesthey can be accompanied by a very tasty ratatouille, a perfect match for a vegetarian dinner or aperitif.
Preparation time: about an hour
Ingredients to preparemillet pancakesfor 4 people:
- 200 grams ofmile
- 600 ml of vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 4 - 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 50 grams of creamy fresh cheese
- 1/2 bunch of thyme
- salt and pepper as required
Recipe and ingredients for the ratatouille (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 eggplant
- 2 courgettes
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar *
- Parsley for garnish
The procedure for making themillet croquettes or pancakes
- Wash themileand cook it, over low heat, in half a liter of vegetable broth for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a mince with garlic and onion.
- Remove themilefrom the broth and let it swell for another 20 minutes. When themileit will have cooled down, add garlic and onion.
- Add the egg and fresh cheese to the mile and mix well.
- Wash the thyme, dry it, choose the most tender leaves, chop them coarsely and add to the millet.
- Salt and pepper.
- Form 8millet pancakes.Put the oil in the pan and cook the pancakes over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove themillet croquettesfrom the pan and place them to dry and cool on an absorbent sheet. Serve still hot.
The procedure for preparing the side dish ratatouille to accompany themillet pancakes
- Peel the garlic and onion. Finely chop the garlic and coarsely chop the onion.
- Wash and clean the eggplant, courgettes and tomatoes.
- Cut the aubergines into cubes and the courgettes into long strips.
- Cut the tomatoes into eight wedges.
- Put the extra virgin olive oil in a pan and brown the onion and garlic, add the vegetables and mix.
- Extend with the remaining broth, add the vinegar and cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*White wine vinegar or ...if you prefer a more delicate flavor, replace the white wine vinegar with apple cider vinegar.
Millet pancakes with ratatouille
Themillet pancakes with ratatouillethey should be served still hot, garnished with a little parsley.