We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to make lemon cake: the original recipe and the many versions oflemon cake(fluffy, lemon cream pie, no eggs, no butter, vegan ...).
There lemon cakeit's arecipeperfect for many occasions. In the soft and soft version, it is perfect for breakfast, for a snack or as a dessert at the end of a meal. In its spoon version (lemon cream cake) it is perfect for an afternoon dessert or a delicious after-dinner.
Lemon cake, classic recipe
Thererecipeclassical oflemon cake provides for the use of a sponge cake base. This recipe lends itself to any season and any occasion.
As stated, the recipes to accomplish this cake are numerous: here we point out a really simple and light one, milk and butter are not used, and it is appropriate to say it ... it is a light lemon cake. It is suitable for all those lactose intolerant people who want to enjoy a delicious dessert. Let's see in detail how to make lemon pie following ours recipe step by step.
How to make lemon cake without butter
The ingredients for the sponge cake.
- 4 whole organic eggs
- 250 grams of flour
- 250 grams of canola oil
- 250 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of potato starch
- 1 lemon (squeezed + peel)
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
The ingredients for the lemon cream
- 300 grams of water
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1 lemon (both peel and juice), untreated ***
- 1 egg and 1 yolk
- 50 gr potato starch
The ingredients to make the syrup
- Water, sugar and lemon juice
How to make lemon cake without butter
Preparation of the sponge cake
- Take the lemon and cut the peel, taking care not to remove the white part of the citrus fruit then set aside
- Take the eggs and blend them with the sugar until they are well blended to form a creamy whitish.
- Add the oil, the squeezed lemon juice, its previously cut peel and a pinch of salt
- Sift the flour, starch and baking powder and add them slowly to the mixture
- Line a hinged pan (about 26cm in diameter) with parchment paper, roll out the mixture and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees
Preparation of the lemon cream
- In a saucepan, mix the water with the sugar and lemon (juice and peel) then add the eggs
- On the fire, add the starch and mix
- Turn off when it thickens and let cool
Preparation of the syrup
In a saucepan pour a glass of water, one of sugar and one of lemon juice and mix
As soon as the cake it will have cooled, cut it in half and wet it with it syrup just prepared then fill it with the cream obtained, close it and sprinkle with a little icing sugar.
Decorate the cake with some curls of lemon and orange peel, for a chromatic note pleasing to the eye. And if you prefer, you can add pine nuts in the preparation of the dough.
Soft lemon cake
The result is roughly similar to the one visible in the first photo above. Theresoft lemon cakeit's a kind of lemon plumcake.
Here are the ingredients for thefluffy lemon cake:
- 3 eggs
- 120 g of brown sugar
- zest and juice of two lemons
- 120 g of butter
- 100 g of flour 00
- 90 g of potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 sachet of yeast
- powdered sugar for garnish
To make thesoft lemon cakeit is not only butter but also potato starch. This ingredient, in fact, when added to muffins andplum cake, has the ability to make themfluffy. To preserve the softness of the recipe of thefluffy lemon cake, it is important to keep the fruit in an airtight package. When you have to keep it, to keep it soft even for the next day, arm yourself with aluminum foil, cling film or an airtight sachet (you can find them for a few euros on Amazon or at Ikea).
Here's how to proceed:
- Combine the eggs with the brown sugar and, with an electric blender, mix and whisk until double the volume of these ingredients.
- Soften the butter and add it to the mixture. Also add the grated zest of the two lemons.
- Add the lemon juice and continue mixing.
- Sift and add flour, cornstarch and yeast. Stir and mix the ingredients well.
- Transfer the ingredients to a 22 cm mold (silicone or pre-greased cake slip).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C for 35 minutes.
Tip: to further flavor the soft lemon cake, you can add a cup of limoncello or lemon cream liqueur.
Lemon cake without eggs, recipe
For an even more ethical recipe than the one without butter, we propose the versionvegan lemon cake, therefore without eggs and without butter. For the recipe, I refer you to the page: vegan lemon cake.
The ideal would be to prepare onelemon cakeexploiting the citrus fruits of your garden; no fear! If you don't have a garden, you can resort to growing lemon in pots, on the terrace or balcony. All instructions on the cultivation of citrus fruits in pots, including lemons.