Cream of potatoes and asparagus: the recipe, step by step, to prepare an excellent cream of asparagus with potatoes.
After seeing how to make the pumpkin soup, we propose the cream of potatoes and asparagus, a very tasty and nutritious dish.
Both the potatoes that asparagus they bring a good number of useful micronutrients to the body. Let's see in detail how to make cream of potatoes and asparagus following our recipe, step by step.
Recipes with asparagus
And speaking of asparagus, we can prepare a good risotto, a dish that does not require special culinary skills. If we have a small green space, we can also evaluate the possibility of growing asparagus since it does not require special cultivation practices. For the recipe for this tasty dish, you can read the article "Risotto with asparagus".
Cream of potatoes and asparagus, the ingredients
- 500 grams of potatoes
- 400 grams of asparagus (also frozen)
- 1 large onion
- 1 liter of hot water
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- Salt and chilli to taste
Useful information: do not consume sprouted potatoes as they contain a high amount of solanine which can have toxic effects on the body
Recipe of the cream of potatoes and asparagus
- Peel and wash both the potatoes and the onion thoroughly, then clean the asparagus
- At this point, cut all the vegetables and put them in a steel pot with a drizzle of oil
- Cover everything with a liter of hot water, salt lightly and add a pinch of red pepper
- Cook for about 35 minutes over low heat, making sure there is always enough water: Keep the flame of the stove very low and, if you notice that the vegetables inside tend to dry out, add more water.
- After the time has elapsed, remove the vegetables with the help of a ladle then set the broth aside
- With the help of an immersion mixer, blend everything
- Add to the cream as much broth as you think necessary to reach the consistency you want and add salt and chilli pepper
- Serve piping hot and garnish with a drizzle of raw extra virgin olive oil and some homemade croutons
PLEASE NOTE: Like all soups, we recommend that you prepare it the day before so that once heated it releases all its aromas.
Variations: you can use purple potatoes instead of the common yellow ones, or add a piece of beetroot.
How to make soups and soups in 20 minutes
If you love the soups and soups, you can consider purchasing a dedicated appliance which, thanks to pre-set programs, allows you to prepare soups and soups within 20 minutes.
In the case of the cream of potatoes, all you have to do is wash the vegetables and put them in the jug, just like you would with a food processor with integrated cooking.
Those who have a Thermomix can use that, while those who don't want to invest too much money in a food processor can use an appliance dedicated to the preparation of velvety and soups.
Among the appliances on the market we point out thePhilips Viva Collectionwhich prepares soups and soups in 18 minutes. He is able to prepare (cook and blend) soups, creams, soups, soups, jams, compotes and smoothies.
The Philips Viva Collection can be bought on Amazon at a price of 133.94 euros with free shipping costs, it has been updated with the 2018 model which has technical improvements (cooking is improved, has more programs, 6 cooking modes and pre -set) and materials (always in stainless steel but structured to simplify cleaning). In electronics stores it is priced at around 150 euros. Within 18 minutes he was able to preparesoups and soupsfor 4 people for a capacity of 1.2 liters of product.
The device mentioned is just an example, the market offers similar appliances even less expensive. I pointed this out to you because I have personally tested it and it is very convenient, especially easy to clean. A good solution to make soups and soups, and serve them at least once a week without having to bother pots, blenders etc ... With this type of appliance you just need to dirty a cutting board, a knife and ... that's it!
Recipes with asparagus
After seeing the asparagus cream recipe, here is another interesting asparagus-based dish. With asparagus we can prepare a good risotto, a dish that does not require special culinary skills, just a little patience for the long cooking of the rice. For the recipe for this tasty dish, you can read the article "Risotto with asparagus".
If you have a small green space, you can also consider the possibility of grow asparagus in full autonomy. For all the instructions here is the guide:How to grow asparagus.