There mayonnaise it is a very popular sauce in the kitchen for its versatility; it is used to accompany meat or fish dishes, to mix vegetables, flavor sandwiches and sandwiches. In addition to the classic mayonnaise there is also the vegan variant that is without eggs that can be consumed not only by those who follow a vegan diet but also by those who have high cholesterol problems but do not want to give up such a good sauce.
Do theto mayonnaise at home it does not require special cooking skills even if many are afraid to prepare it as it has a tendency to go crazy! However, it is enough to observe a few small tricks to remedy the problem. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make vegan mayonnaise following our recipe step by step.
Why is mayonnaise going crazy?
Mayonnaise usually goes crazy when the oil is incorporated too quickly, in which case you have to add new oil only when the one poured previously has already incorporated perfectly.
How to make vegan mayonnaise, the ingredients
- 100 ml of seed oil
- 50 ml of soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar or the juice of half a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Sterilized glass jar with hermetic lid
Generally, the oil used to prepare mayonnaise is seed oil but, depending on the taste, you can also use olive oil; will give the mayonnaise a more intense and decisive flavor.
How to make vegan mayonnaise, the preparation
- Pour the milk and a pinch of salt into a very large bowl, then whisk well with the help of an electric whisk, slowly pouring the oil until you obtain a compact and homogeneous cream: the whisk speed must be medium and too low. not too high
- Once the ingredients have been blended, pour in the vinegar and blend for a few more seconds
Your vegan mayonnaise is ready to use and you can transfer it to the jar: it will have a white color but just add 2-3 tablespoons of turmeric to give it a yellow similar to traditional mayonnaise with eggs.
Variations: vegan mayonnaise can be flavored with various ingredients such as mustard, chives, tomato, they will be added after preparing the sauce.
How to make vegan mayonnaise, useful information
- Store in the fridge for a maximum of one week
- Make sure the glass jar is sterilized well
- Do not withdraw doses with a dirty spoon