Prepare dishes based on fresh vegetables, legumes, etc. these are healthy habits, which bring many benefits to the body: These foods are rich in water, free from fat, contain soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, and are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. In this regard, we will propose the preparation of soy burgers, a food free of saturated fats and cholesterol but above all an extraordinary source of protein and fiber. It is therefore a vegan recipe that has nothing to envy with the classic meat burgers ..... try it! Let's see in detail how to make soy burgers following our recipe step by step.
How to make soy burgers, ingredients for 10 soy burgers
- Half a cup of soy flakes
- Warm water
- 2 finely chopped carrots
- 3 finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- A spoonful tip of sweet paprika
- A pinch of salt
- A teaspoon tip of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of potato starch
- 50 grams of chickpea flour
- Just enough olive oil
How to make soy burgers, the preparation
- Take the soy flakes and put them in warm water for about an hour
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and onions then chop finely
- Clean the mushrooms well and chop them in the same way as the vegetables just mentioned
- Pour everything into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon
- At this point, drain the excess water from the soy flakes and add the sautéed vegetables and spices to the bowl
- Correct with salt and add the paprika without exaggerating to avoid it covering too much the rest of the flavors. Add the chickpea flour and the starch and mix until it forms a smooth dough with a fairly flexible consistency
- With the help of your hands, make about 10 medium-sized hamburgers, then place them on a lined baking tray complete with parchment paper and season with a drizzle of oil
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes: turn them halfway through cooking
- Once cooked, serve the soy burgers still warm with some salad.
Note: if you want, you can prepare many more hamburgers and freeze them without cooking them for a handy supply, just increase the recommended doses.
You may also be interested in the article "Soy: properties and nutritional values "