Among the vegetables available in winter we can mention cauliflower, a very precious food for its nutritional principles such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, folic acid, vitamin C etc. It also contains anti-cancer, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant active ingredients ... in short, a real concentrate of health.
It may be of interest to "Cauliflower nutritional and beneficial properties". In this regard we will propose how to do the cauliflower au gratin, an original and tasty side dish.
It is a very simple dish to prepare that lends itself well to being served as a side dish for preparations based on white meat or fish. The only recommendation is to choose a cauliflower from organic farming in order to fully enjoy all its properties.
What to watch out for before buying cauliflower?
When buying, make sure the cauliflower is tightly closed, compact, with a firm inflorescence and without spots. The outer leaves must be crunchy and adherent to the head.
Grated cauliflower, the ingredients
- 500 grams of cauliflower
- Half a liter of whole milk
- 75 grams of flour type 00
- 100 grams of butter
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan
- 1 level tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 level tablespoon of curry
Grated cauliflower, the preparation
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and divide it into florets then boil it in plenty of salted water
- As soon as you notice the cooking al dente, drain it
- Put the butter in a saucepan and let it melt over low heat
- As soon as it has liquefied, add the flour and stir continuously with a wooden spoon. Toast the mixture well for at least a couple of minutes then add the milk slowly while continuing to mix
- Cook the béchamel and as soon as it begins to thicken, add a pinch of salt then the curry and paprika then let it cool at room temperature
- Grease the sides of a baking dish with a knob of butter and place the cauliflower on the bottom creating an even layer
- Pour the spiced bechamel over it and level the surface with the back of a spoon
- Sprinkle everything with plenty of grated Parmesan cheese and cook in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about twenty minutes
Serve at the table as soon as the au gratin cauliflower has cooled