Berries have an extremely widespread and varied use in cooking; we find them in fruit salads, jams, pies, desserts. They are rich in vitamin C, fiber and mineral salts; for this reason they are considered super foods. The recipe that we will offer you today provides for the presence of these precious fruits; small tasty sweets to be enjoyed both for breakfast and as a dessert. In this regard we will show you how to do the berry muffins following our recipe step by step.
Muffins with berries, what we need
- 100 grams of butter
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 250 grams of berries
- 200 grams of flour
- ¼ of semi-skimmed milk
- A tip of a teaspoon of brewer's yeast
- Salt to taste.
- Silicone muffin molds
Muffins with berries, the preparation
- Pour the butter into a steel saucepan and melt it over low heat and as soon as it becomes liquid, transfer the butter into a bowl: it will take just a few seconds for this operation.
- Add the sugar, flour and milk to the bowl then start kneading with your hands, taking care to mix all the ingredients well: the processing may take at least twenty minutes to make the dough homogeneous without lumps
- Leave the dough to rest for a few minutes
- Put the red fruits in a bowl with flour to prevent the fruits from going to the bottom of the dough, effectively ruining the muffins.
- Knead the mixture well then add the red fruits and continue mixing everything for ten minutes. Take some silicone muffin molds and put the same amount of dough in each of them
- Bake in a preheated oven at a temperature of 180 degrees for about twenty minutes, until they swell and brown.
Yours are ready berry muffins to be served just warm
Please note: baking cups can also replace silicone molds but must first be oiled