We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Crepes they are very thin wafers prepared with simple ingredients of milk, eggs and flour that are suitable for both savory and sweet preparations. The savory crepes can be filled in many variations, especially based on vegetables. But let's see in detail how to prepare the savory crepes following our recipe step by step.
Savory crepes, the ingredients
- 50 grams of butter
- 3 large organic eggs
- 260 grams of flour
- 500 ml of semi-skimmed whole milk
- A pinch of salt
Savory crepes, preparing batter
- Pour the sifted flour, milk and salt into a large container with high sides, then mix the ingredients with an electric mixer until you get a smooth mixture without lumps
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the help of a fork then pour them into the previously prepared mixture
- Add the melted butter to the batter, after letting it cool and mix everything
- Let the batter rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- After the resting time, put a non-stick crepes pan on the fire and melt a knob of butter
- When the pan is hot, take a small ladle of batter, pour it in the center of the plate and, turning it, distribute it evenly in a thin layer, until it covers the bottom: for this operation it is preferable to use the appropriate wooden tool for crepes
- Let it cook for about a minute, over medium heat, trying to move the pan gently to prevent the crepe from sticking
- Then turn the crepes on the other side and let it take on color
- Continue in the same way until the batter is finished, keeping the prepared crepes warm.
- Once all the crepes have been prepared, move on to the filling
Spread the crepes on a plate and fill it as you prefer, taking care to put the filling only on one half of the circle: the edges must be left free so that, once folded in half or four, the filling does not come out. For the filling you may be interested in the article "Crepes with salty filling"
Useful information: fill the savory crepes only when you need to serve them, then pass them under the grill to heat them.