Natural methods for polishing parquet: a floor in parquet it is very elegant but requires a good dose of maintenance. Those who want to avoid the use of chemicals and clean in complete safety, can aim for a large number ofnatural methods for polishing parquet.
The most suspicious just have to try! Indeed when it comes tonatural productsis do it yourself remedies there are many skeptics, while when we see a commercial on TV we seem to blindly trust the results, yet similar or even better results can be obtained with ingredients that are easy to find and treat.
Oil and Lemon
The first natural cleanser forpolish the parquetit involves the mixture of two simple ingredients: lemon juice and olive oil. While lemon juice removes stains naturally, olive oil restores shine toparquet. Other than polish the parquet, this natural method is also indicated to restore splendor to old wooden furniture. The detergent mixture must be prepared with 1 dl of oil and 20 drops of lemon juice, we recommend mixing them in a spray bottle, sprinkle on the surface to be cleaned and wipe with a dry electrostatic cloth.
How to polish parquet
- Beforepolish the parquetmake a thorough cleaning of the surface: remove all traces of dust and wash the parquet with the classic mop soaked and well wrung out.
- Do not use any chemical detergents, just dilute a couple of glasses of vinegar in the water for the mop. Vinegar is an excellent natural degreaser. As an alternative to vinegar, as stated, you can use lemon juice.
- When the floor has dried completely, howeverpolish the parquet, the trick is once again in the use of olive oil. Take a dry woolen cloth, soak it with a few drops of olive oil (not much, just enough to polish without staining the surface) and wipe it all overparquet.
If theparquetit is very old and ruined, they existnatural methodsad hoc for "regenerate it”And get it back as new, let's talk abouttransparent paints based on natural extracts, an example are the classic linseed oil or beeswax based paints, very useful for restoring shine toparquetdated and also to hide scratches.
Do-it-yourself natural wax to polish parquet
Productswood polishes based on pure beeswax, they can be purchased or prepared at home. You can formulate your own wax yourself natural for polishing parquet combining a few ingredients and adding your favorite fragrances, in the following example we have chosen the fresh citrus scent, combining:
- a glass of linseed oil
- 10 drops of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax flakes
- 6 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 drops of sweet orange essential oil
To prepare, melt the wax in a bain-marie with linseed oil and lemon juice, only at the end add the essential drops. Put the wax in a metal container, let it cool until you get a solid body that can be spread on the floor as if it were a large wax crayon. To better distribute the product, after spreading it onparquet, wipe it on a damp cloth.
Beeswax and beer
It may seem bizarre to you but forpolish parquetoak beer is recommended! A liter of beer is boiled with a tablespoon of sugar and two tablespoons of beeswax, once again it is cooled, passed on the wood and left to dry and then polish with a chamois cloth.
Others Natural products polish parquet and furniture