There are manyrecipes based on nettleyou can prepare at home, from tasty risotto to simple omelettes, without forgetting pizzas, flans, timbales, cheese rolls, fresh pasta or the fastest pizzas where the ingredients are water, flour and nettles (in addition the classic salt, pepper and oil!).
Nettle in the kitchen, when harvested
Who is going to preparerecipes based on nettlemust first understand when is the most propitious time for the harvest of the leaves to be used for the preparation of the courses.
First of all, we remind you that thenettlesmust be collected with gloves: thenettle, despite its famous utilizing action, it can be used in the kitchen mainly after cooking. Already in the Bronze Age (2nd millennium BC), thenettleit was a renowned food, it was also used in the kitchen by Greeks and Romans up to the present day tables.
The best time to harvestnettleto be used for food, it is spring even if its tender florets of four to six leaves can also be used in summer but only in the absence of flowering.
Dell 'nettle, the edible parts are different but for the preparation of delicious dishes we recommend the use of 4-6 leaves that grow in the apical area of the plant, the so-calledit takes. Harvesting is recommended when these have just formed and are therefore more tender.
- Nettle omelette
- Nettle in the kitchen, with recipes: Risotto with nettle and Nettle and cheese rolls
- Decoction of nettle, with purifying, soothing and beneficial herbal teas
Nettle-based savory pie - ingredients for 4 people
- 230 grams of puff pastry
- 150 grams of fresh nettles
- 1 mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Boil the nettles in salted water, drain well and chop finely.
- In a bowl, add the nettles to the two well beaten eggs, add the cheese and a pinch of salt. Mix everything.
- Cut the mozzarella into small pieces and add it to the filling. Once again, mix everything together to blend the mixture.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a sheet of baking paper, transfer to a 20 cm diameter cake pan. Fill the puff pastry with your filling based onnettlesand fold the excess dough of the edge inwards, as if to form the crater of an imploded volcano.
- Bake at 200 ° C for about 15 minutes and then serve!
You might also be interested in
Urtica dioica: properties