In the previous article we suggested how to make the chickpea cream, today we will talk again about chickpeas to recommend a new recipe, chickpea soup with hemp seeds. It is a healthy first course with an original taste.
Why greet? Chickpeas are a food with a thousand beneficial properties thanks to the high presence of magnesium and folate. Chickpeas also do not contain gluten so we can say that it is a dish particularly suitable not only for vegans or vegetarians but also for all those people who are affected by celiac disease. What to say about hemp seeds? The properties of hemp seeds are mainly due to the high presence of polyunsaturated acids that make them valuable for fighting and preventing various ailments.
Chickpea soup, the ingredients
- 500 grams of organic chickpeas
- 1 shallot
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 1 stalk of celery
- 25 grams of hemp seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- Salt to taste.
Chickpea soup, the preparation
- Put the chickpeas in a pan with cold water and a teaspoon of baking soda then leave them for at least 12 hours to make them softer
- After the indicated time, wash them under running water and transfer them back to the pot with clean water
- Put the chickpeas to simmer for a couple of hours
- Meanwhile, peel the shallot and chop it finely, peel the carrot and chop it finely then wash the courgette and cut it into cubes.
- In a high non-stick pan, brown the chopped shallot with a drizzle of oil
- As soon as it begins to brown, add the chopped carrot, courgettes and celery cut into chunks
- After a few minutes, add the chickpeas with all the cooking water
- Stir constantly and continue to cook everything for half an hour.
- Pour the chickpea soup in a terracotta bowl with high sides and serve after sprinkling it with the hemp seeds previously roasted in a non-stick pan.
To make this soup even more appetizing and you don't have celiac disease problems, you can pour the soup on toasted slices of homemade bread.