Peppers in oil recipe: peppers are very versatile vegetables in the kitchen; they lend themselves very well as a side dish, as a main course and are also ideal for enriching many delicious sandwiches. Since it is a purely summer vegetable we will show you how to preserve the peppers in Oil following our recipe step by step.
Peppers in oil recipe, the ingredients
- 1 kilo of red peppers
- 1 liter of white apple cider vinegar
- 1 liter of water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- A handful of pine nuts
- Sterilized jars
Useful information: at the time of purchase, make sure that the peppers are large, fleshy, free from bruises and without parts damaged or cooked by the sun. They are delicate vegetables with a rather short shelf life. After a maximum of 3-4 days in the fruit and vegetable section of the refrigerator, they should be put in oil if not consumed. another recommendation is to use peppers from organic farming.
Peppers in oil recipe, the preparation
- Wash the peppers thoroughly under running water: if they are not organic peppers, it is preferable to put them in a solution of water and bicarbonate
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the core, the white filaments and the seeds, then cut them into fillets
- Take a very large steel pot and pour in the vinegar, water and salt and let it boil
- As soon as the water boils, put the peppers inside
- Stir and cook for about 3 minutes after boiling resumes
- Drain the peppers and let them cool on a clean cloth
- Take the sterilized jars and pour the pepper fillets with chopped garlic, chilli and some pine nuts
- Cover the fillets entirely with oil and wait a day before closing them
- The next day, re-melt more oil and plug hermetically: to make sure that the oil penetrates well, put the jars upside down for a few minutes, then uncork, pour any oil and put the cap back on.
Peppers in oil recipe, useful information
- Store in the pantry, away from sources of heat and humidity
- Let at least 1 month pass before consuming them
Peppers in oil can be enjoyed on bruschetta, croutons, as a side dish to meat dishes or mixed with other vegetables for a tasty caponata.