Apple pie, classic recipe and variations such as apple pie with puff pastry, a quick recipe and super soft apple pie.
There are foods that must never be missing in our daily diet and among these we find fruit. Eating fruit is important, but eating the right fruit at the right time is also important. With the arrival of autumn we find apples, a fruit that lends itself to many culinary preparations: from the classic Apple pie, topie(how good the apple and walnut tart!) to typical desserts such as Strudel, fruit salads and jams. Let's see how to prepare the classic apple pie as grandma would do and then, let's see a faster recipe where theApple pieis done with thepuff pastry.
Which apples to use to make the cake?
There are many varieties ofapples. Try to chooseItalian apples. In this period there are, in season, golden apples, ideal for cooking and perfect for cakes and pies. In any case, you can also orient yourself on the classic apples that you bring to the table to be consumed naturally such as Granny Smith, rennet apple, Deliciuos and Stark. Less suitable for cakeand themelaannurca bell.While if you prefer a great classic, thequince piewill do for you!
Apple pie, classic recipe
Here are the ingredients for making grandma's apple pie.
- 6 large apples, possibly organic and of Italian origin
- 100 grams of butter
- 150 grams of brown sugar
- 1 whole egg and 1 yolk
- 1/2 glass of milk
- The grated rind of 1 untreated lemon
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 250 g of flour 00
- Apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon of Rum
- Sugar for sprinkling
Useful information: when buying apples, make sure they are firm and have no soft parts to the touch. The peel must be dry and uncut and the petiole must be firmly attached to the fruit ... if you notice the absence of the petiole, the apples are certainly dated and have traveled a long way before reaching the food counter. From the moment of purchase, store at room temperature.
Apple pie, classic recipe
Here's how to make a fluffy homemade apple pie.
- Wash and cut the apples.
- Put the slices in a bowl with the rum then add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and let them macerate.
- Pour the remaining sugar into another bowl and add the butter kept at room temperature.
- Beat everything vigorously with a spoon.
- Add the grated lemon peel to the mixture.
- Add an egg and a yolk that you previously beaten separately.
- Mix the mixture well then continue adding the other ingredients: milk, flour and yeast.
- Mix all the ingredients well until you get a solid and homogeneous dough.
- Grease a 24 by 24 cm pan then sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Place the apple slices after having slightly drained them.
- In the empty spaces, put some drops of apricot jam.
- Pour over the prepared mixture.
- Put in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the apple pie onto a serving dish.
Apple pie with puff pastry, quick recipe
Thererecipeof theapple pie with puff pastryit is undoubtedly the most practical and fastest because it allows you to use advanced or ready-made puff pastry. If you buy puff pastry in rolls at the supermarket, try to get one that has a tight packaging and expiry date and that is prepared with ingredients as natural as possible.
- 1 roll of 28 cm round puff pastry
- 2 large apples
- the juice of one lemon
- 5 heaping tablespoons of apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- butter to grease a cake pan
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon
The process is simple. For the versionwithout butter(even if in the puff pastry there are vegetable margarines) you can use seed oil to dye the pan.
- Cut the apples into thin slices.
- Roll out the puff pastry roll in a pan (24 cm) greased with butter or oil, without removing the remaining strip of puff pastry.
- Spread the jam on the bottom of puff pastry.
- Put the apples cut into slices.
- Add cinnamon and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the sugar on the apples.
- If you prefer, add a little more jam and fold the pastry that is left over on the perimeter apples.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
Thisrecipereallyfast: time to cut the apples, roll out the pastry and go into the oven!
Note: to give more emphasis to the apricot jam flavor you can mix additional spoons of apple jam already cut into slices as shown in the photo above.
Soft apple pie, recipe
If you are looking for therecipeof afluffy apple pie, you have probably tasted theapple plumcake. For the recipe you need these ingredients:
- 250 g of flour
- 3 large apples, also quince
- 100 ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of butter
- 150 g of sugar
- a sachet of baking powder
- untreated lemon
Here's how to proceed:
In a bowl, place the melted butter, grated zest of half a lemon, eggs, sugar and milk. Mix the ingredients for 5 minutes with an electric blender.
Add cinnamon and sifted flour. Add the yeast and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Peel an apple and slice them, enrich them with lemon juice and sprinkle them with flour. The pieces of apples must be floured because otherwise they will tend to sink to the bottom of the dough. To keep them "halfway" they must be floured. Mix the apple into the dough using, gently, a spatula.
Slice the other apple but this time make it into thin slices. Place the slices on the dough that you have already placed in a greased mold. Sprinkle the apples with sugar and cook in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 40 - 45 minutes.
Yours is readysoft apple plumcake.