There baked pasta it can be considered the Sunday lunch par excellence; its preparation does not have a universal recipe: there are versions that include many ingredients and other simpler but equally valid and tasty versions. Here how to make baked pasta in vegan version following our step by step recipe.
How to make vegan baked pasta, the ingredients for 4 people
- 250 grams of pasta (rigatoni or penne rigate)
- 250 grams of seitan
- 250 grams of soy cream
- 150 grams of peas
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of pine nuts
- A glass of white wine
How to make vegan baked pasta, the preparation
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water then drain it halfway through cooking
- Meanwhile, pour the coarsely chopped seitan into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cherry tomatoes, peas, ipinoli and a pinch of salt, cook for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon
- Pour the wine and raise under the flame
- Cook for the time that the wine evaporates then lower under the heat
- Pour the pasta into the sauce that you have just prepared and mix with a wooden spoon to mix everything
- Turn off the heat and add the soy cream then stir again to mix everything
- Take the pan and pour the pasta
- Put the pan in the oven previously heated to 180 degrees for 20/25 minutes
- Serve the vegan baked pasta after letting it rest for at least 10 minutes out of the oven
Useful information: do not portion the baked pasta just pulled from the oven, wait for it to cool down those 10 minutes as above. It can also be served cold.