We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Bioethanol car? I'm "sparingAnd convenient, Fiat also knows something about it, but let's proceed in order.
Bioethanol car,the E85 and E10 blends
In many countries around the globe, blends with 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline (E85) and blends with a low ethanol content (given by 10% ethanol, in fact, E10) are on the market that can be used in almost allcarmodern.
Thebioetnaolas fuel in theAutomobileshas many advantages but also some flaws: thebioetnaolit lacks lubricating power, for this reason the E10 and E85 blends can be useful in all cars that have an electric control unit. The exclusive power supply abioethanol(100% ethanol fuel) can only be used in specifically designed engines such as carsFlex Fuel or Tetrafuel.
With the additionethanolto petrol not only makes the fuel less expensive but also less polluting: during combustion there is a clear reduction in carbon monoxide which, already in E10 (a mixture containing only 10% ethanol and the remaining 90% of petrol) a cut of about 25% of CO, thanks to the higher oxygen content that allows acombustionmore complete. With the addition ofbioethanolthere is also a decrease in heavy metals. What they do not decrease are thevolatile organic compounds (VOC), substances that evaporate easily at room temperature, in this context, there are additives which, added to the mixture, lower the volatility values to levels lower than those of petrol. With the addition ofbioethanolto the fuel, there are no variations in the pollutants based on nitrogen oxides.
The environmental advantage of usingbioethanolas fuel for theAutomobiles,especially the high percentages (E85 blend) are consistent.
Bioethanol car, Fiat
Not everyone knows that some car manufacturers, including FIAT, produce series cars ready to be powered bybioethanol pure or mixed. These are the aforementioned carsTetrafuelo Flex fuel. In this regard, we refer you to the articleFiat bioethanol car.
Bioethanol car, the Brazilian situation
In Brazil the price ofethanolit is absolutely inferior to that of gasoline. Already in the mid-1970s, the Brazilian government launched a development program for the fueling of cars called "ProAlcol", in this context the production ofbioethanolstarting from sugar cane. This campaign was dictated by the impending oil crisis. In 1984, in Brazil, 94 of every 100 cars sold were alcohol-driven. At the end of the oil crisis, in the following years, the trend triggered in Brazil has gradually decreased but with the gasoline increases in recent years, thecar to ethanolhave returned to the fore: in 2010 there were 3 million copies ofcar to ethanolcirculating.