Pasta and eggplant: those in search of first courses based oneggplantis in the right place, we will give you two recipes and variations that will satisfy every palate.
Sicilian-style pasta and eggplant, Spaghetti Normas
Let's start with the classic recipe of the Sicilian culinary tradition. The ingredients for 4 people include:
- 400 grams of spaghetti
- 250 grams of eggplant
- 80 grams of Sicilian salted ricotta
- 200 grams of tomato popa
- 50 grams of onions
- 3 cl of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper as required
- flour as required
Who preferseggplantcrispier and sweeter, after having sliced them and before frying, they will have to be placed in a colander and sprinkled with salt so as to eliminate excess water. The aubergines should be left to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the aubergines into cubes and lightly flour them. Fry the cubes in plenty of extra virgin olive oil.
- Put a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Chop onion and garlic and brown them when the oil is hot.
- Add aubergines, tomato pulp, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti and drain them al dente. Finish cooking in the prepared sauce.
- Garnish the dish with basil and coarsely grated salted ricotta.
Pasta and eggplant in white, the plateEmilian
We continue with classic recipes but this time the tradition is that of Emilia Romagna with thePassatelli with ham, rocket, cherry tomatoes and eggplant.
Prepare the passatelli with the addition of finely chopped ham right from the dough. For every 300 grams of breadcrumbs you will need 70 grams of ham. Take a look at "How to prepare passatelli ".
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 350 grams of passatelli with Parma ham
- 3 bunches of rocket
- 1 medium eggplant
- 100 grams of cherry tomatoes (whole tomatoes, not pureed!)
- 50 grams of almonds
- 80 grams of flaked Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 cl of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Clean the vegetables and cut the tomatoes, removing the seeds
- Cut the aubergines into cubes and brown them in a pan with the olive oil.
- Put the rocket, almonds, Parmesan, garlic and extra virgin olive oil in the blender. Blend until creamy
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the eggplant and cook the passatelli in salted water or broth.
- Drain and toss in the pan with the vegetables and rocket pesto.
You might also be interested in