Borders for flower beds: who wants delimit a flower bed can make use of a large number of shrubs and strong growing plants. It is possible to set upperennial borders (with evergreen perennials) or seasonal (with winter or summer blooms), in any case it is necessary to choose resistant plants and shrubs with few needs. If needed, you can consult an expert indesign of flower beds.
Strongly growing shrubs and plants are suitable fordelimitborder areas and forborderseven if they do not give rise to real oneshedges.Who hasflower bedsrocks will have to choose plants with little water needs. We list a series of plants and shrubs that are well suited to the realization ofborders for flower beds.
- Azalea, requires fresh soils and a semi-shaded position, is an acidophilic plant.
- Laurel is an aromatic shrub plant with surprising properties. It fits well withperennial bordersas it is an evergreen with no particular needs.
- Erica, another perfect plant forperennial borders! The evergreen perennial is suitable for giving a touch of color to green flower beds, it is perfect to place in rocky corners.
- Lavender, offers scentedbordersseasonal. It is a shrubby herbaceous plant with no particular needs.
- Festuca, perfect forborders for flower beds.It is evergreen, easy to grow.
- Privet, a shrub evergreen which prefers fertile, fresh and calcareous soil.
- Vinca, it is a creeping plant that grows well in any type of soil, preferably a little acid. Perfect forperennial borders.
- Viburnum, the plant lives well in partial shade, produces abundant winter blooms with berries.
- Phiox, perfect foredging flower bedswith lilac flowers. It requires well-drained, moist and fertile soil. It lives well both in the sun and in the shade.
- Sedum, a herbaceous ground cover plant, adapts well to rocky flower beds, sunny places and poor soils.
LOOK PHOTOS OF PLANTS TO EDGE BEDS
Fordelimit the flower beds, in addition tonatural bordersdates fromcreeping plants for borders, various accessories can be used. For those who do not want low plastic fences or artificial elements, can createborders for flower bedswith stones, rocks or wood. Bricks are also an excellent material for edging a flower bed. The bricks can be arranged both horizontally, for a more consistent border, and vertically, for a more decorative effect it is better to arrange them diagonally to form a pointed edge. To find out more, also consult the articlePerennial plants for flower beds also excellent for creating flower borders for paths
LOOK PHOTOS OF THE OTHER BORDERS FOR BEDS (pebbles, bricks, wood ...)