Vegan pancakes, recipe: how to do iPancakewithout eggs, without milk and without butter. Yeast-free pancake tips and gluten-free pancake recipe.
Today we will talk about special dietary needs dictated by a choice of lifeethics(vegan) or by a physiological constraint. In the latter case, lactose intolerance requires the renunciation of milk and butter. Allergy to egg proteins bans this food derivative. Not to mention the celiac disease that requires a gluten-free diet. Here, on this page we proposehow to make pancakes for celiacs, in robeVeganand without yeast.
Vegan pancakes, recipe
Let's start from recipewhich requires more modifications, that onevegan. In this paragraph we will show you how prepare vegan pancakes, the perfect snack to enjoy at breakfast or as a dessert after a meal. There recipe in question does not involve the use of ingredients of animal origin but only products of a vegetable nature.
Let's see the step by step recipe of the vegan pancakes: it is quick and easy to prepare.
Vegan pancakes, what we need
- 250 grams of organic flour
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of seed oil
- 200 ml of water at room temperature
- Oil for greasing
- A handful of blueberries or strawberries
As you can see, in therecipenot even theyeast. How to replace baking powder?With baking soda, ammonia for sweets or Cream of tartar. Of course, cream of tartar and ammonia for sweets allow you to obtain a swollen and softer final product, in fact these are particular leavening agents used in industry or in haute patisserie. In ourvegan pancake recipewe advised you to use baking soda because it is generally already present in all homes… however, if you want to experiment with alternatives to the classicyeast, you can find out where to buy these ingredients and what they are made of, in the just indicated.
How to make vegan pancakes
Here is the procedure.
- Pour the well sifted flour, sugar, baking soda, salt into a large bowl and mix everything together.
- In another bowl, pour the water, the oil and mix.
- Pour the second mixture into the large bowl containing the first mixture and mix everything until all the ingredients are mixed well: it must be a mixture very similar to yogurt.
- Put a non-stick pan greased with oil on the heat: it must have a diameter of about 8-10 centimeters, so that the pancake is tight and high, unlike crepes which are wide and thin.
- With the help of a ladle, take the mixture and pour it in the center then let it spread.
- First brown one side then with the help of a plate and a spatula, turn the pancake over.
- Continue in this way until you finish the mixture.
- Store the vegan pancakes on a plate with absorbent paper and stuff them with a good blueberry or strawberry jam.
Vegan pancakes, variants
Instead of water, you can use rice milk and if you prefer you can also add some other flavor such as vanilla extract. The procedure is the same. The vanilla extract must be added together with the other ingredients. It is preferable to use the whisk to mix the mixture: it must be fluid but full-bodied at the same time. You can stuff this recipe with caramel and sliced bananas.
Here's how to do itpancakes for celiacs, gluten free. Ingredients:
- 70 g of potato starch
- 250 g of rice flour
- 300 ml of milk
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 30 gr of butter
Melt the butter over low heat. Add the rice flour, starch and baking powder. Whip the egg yolks with the sugar until they are very frothy. Add a pinch of salt. With a whisk, mix all the ingredients.
Aside, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks, add them to the previously worked mixture. Mix well until you get a smooth and soft product. The mixture must be dense, therefore neither too liquid nor too solid.
Grease a non-stick pan and cook the pancakes for a minute or two per side. Here are yoursgluten-free pancakesthey are ready!
How to get the classic pancake shape
If you have a small pan, use that or use silicone molds or pancake pans.
To obtain the classic pancake shape, it would be advisable to use special pans. They are not very expensive but not easy to find. On Amazon, a signature pancake panTescoma(24 cm in diameter and capable ofcook 4 pancakessimultaneously) you buy with 18,80 euros and free shipping costs.
For all information, please refer to the Amazon page of the product:Tescoma with 4 circles
IdeeGreen.it has no connection with Tescoma, there are others on the webpancake pans anonymous even cheaper. Feel free to make your choice based on your needs, I recommended this product because I had the opportunity to test it firsthand (I use it personally and I am happy with it). Only advice: the circles should be buttered before adding the dough but only at the time ofcookingof the firstPancake, the others can be added without further greasing.
To grease the circles you can use a brush or ... a paper towel for food use, to pass when the butter is melted.