Zucchini, a purely summer vegetable, lends itself to many preparations in the kitchen, in fact we find it in pasta, in fish or meat dishes, in side dishes, as a container for fillings but it can represent an excellent appetizer as in the case of croquettes. zucchini. The recipe that we will offer you today is precisely the courgettes croquettes, an easy and very quick dish to prepare. To do the ccourgette rolls we need few ingredients but let's see in detail how they are prepared.
Courgettes croquettes, what we need
- 1 kilo of organic zucchini
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 pack of bechamel
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 100 grams of grated cheese
- A handful of pine nuts
- 100 grams of cottage cheese
- A handful of sesame seeds
- Bread crumbs
- Oil, salt and pepper
Zucchini croquettes, the preparation
- After washing the zucchini, cut their ends and grate them coarsely
- Squeeze them a little with your hands to remove the water and place them on a tea towel for a few minutes
- Beat the eggs in a very large bowl then add the grated courgettes, the bechamel, the flour, the grated cheese, the ricotta, the pine nuts, the pepper and season with salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well until they are well combined
- In a dish pour the breadcrumbs together with the sesame seeds
- Take the dough and form some ping pong balls
- Pass them in the breadcrumbs then place the zucchini croquettes in a deep pan full of hot oil and fry: the patties must be entirely covered with oil
- After a few minutes remove the croquettes with the help of yourself and place them on absorbent paper
- Serve still hot
Cooking variant: to make the zucchini croquettes lighter and more digestible, you can cook them in the oven. For the procedure it is enough to grease a baking sheet and lay them inside. Put in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
Preparation variant: for those who follow a vegan style, it can replace eggs, cheese, béchamel, ricotta with soy cream and yeast flakes