Ours continuerecipes with red beets, also this time we will bring to the table a dish of great value:beetroot tagliatelle with pistachios and onion. The diners will thank you.
The dressing is very simple, it is based on chopped red onions and pistachios, of course, for the dressing to be really tasty it will be necessary to dry the red onions over a very low heat so that the chopped onions gives its flavor to the oil. .
To prepare this dish it is recommended to use fresh homemade pasta, the ideal is the recipe without eggs.
Tagliatelle with red beets, the recipe of fresh pasta
The tagliatelle can also be homemade without eggs, we are talking about tagliatelle but those who prefer can prepare pici or other forms of homemade pasta. All pasta shapes can be prepared without eggs.
Ingredients for about 350 grams of fresh homemade pasta at beets, for this reason the pasta will have an intense red color and a sweetish aftertaste, typical ofbeet.
- 300 grams of flour 00
- 60 grams of pre-cooked red beets
- 1 pinch of salt
- lukewarm water as required
"Water as required"it means that you will have to use enough water to incorporate all the flour. For this reason, the water must be added in small doses to obtain a mixture with the typical consistency of fresh pasta to be rolled out.
To prepare fresh pasta without eggs, you can use either only 00 flour, only durum wheat semolina or half durum wheat semolina and 00 flour. The proportions can be chosen according to your taste, obviously the resulting dough will be more consistent the more semolina you use.
How to prepare fresh egg-free pasta:
- on the kitchen top distribute the flour in a fountain, leaving an opening in the center.
- Blend the red beets and place them in the center of the flour.
- In a cup of warm water, dissolve the salt and gradually add the water to the flour. Immediately start incorporating the flour around the water and, by hand, knead until all the flour is incorporated. If necessary, add more water.
- Knead the dough for about ten minutes until the dough is smooth and consistent.
- Let the dough rest for half an hour. Roll it out and get the shape you prefer.
Ingredients for the dressing of 200 grams of fresh pasta alla beetroot
- extra virgin olive oil
- a red onion
- grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Those who prefer can add a couple of anchovies in oil.
Clean the red onion and fry it in a saucepan over low heat. Slightly scald the pasta in boiling salted water and finish cooking in the onion sauté. Add the chopped pistachios, pepper and place on the plate. Decorate with a handful of chopped pistachios and grated Parmesan.
Photo from | veganblog.it