To the decree spreads incentives second alternatives exist aceRenewables. Opinion of the association of producers, industry and services for renewable energies is that it spreads incentives it will only serve to cut the resources allocated to solar plants already in operation, putting at risk something like 10 thousand jobs in the renewable sector.
On the norm spreads incentives, already published in the Official Gazette, also weighs the opinion of unconstitutionality of the president emeritus of the Constitutional Court, Valerio Onida, according to which the provision violates both the constitutional rules on retroactivity and international obligations.
assoRinnovabili, after the vain attempt to ask the President of the Republic Napolitano to postpone the decree spreads incentives, he also wrote to the European Commissioner for Energy, Gunther Oettinger, who on several occasions expressed himself on positions in line with those of the association. The battle is on.
The proposals of assoRinnovabili to remedy the negative effects of the decree spreads incentives,with advantages that according to the association could bring even more significant advantages on electricity bills, can be summarized in eight points. Among these, the introduction of the principle of The polluter pays, which would enhance the environmental impact of each asset in consideration of the entire life cycle.
- Review of the dispatching services market. By intervening on the mechanism that leads Terna to purchase electricity in order to reserve it (the so-called Balancing Mark), despite the fact that in Italy there is an installed electrical power that is more than double compared to peak demand. The point is that this excess reserve translates into unjustified purchase costs with peaks of 400 euros / MWh.
- Review of improper charges. Today these charges are present in the bills of SMEs, but according to asoRinnovabili should be reviewed: the special tariff regime for the benefit of the railways; the overload of electricity production in the islands; the costs associated with the nuclear experience; the virtual network connection mechanism; the 'sterilization' of VAT on parafiscal charges.
- Intervention on CIP6 conventions for 'assimilated sources'. Conspicuous charges still weigh on the bill (about 2.2 billion euros) for CIP6 conventions with assimilated sources that are actually fossil sources, despite having been recognized as unfair with respect to the environmental benefit.
- Reduction of part of the charges (A3) through a securitization of the trade receivables claimed by the GSE. This proposal had been made by the previous government and asoRinnovabili had expressed itself positively. It would have a positive impact on bills without heavy compensation for producers.
- (Truly) voluntary options. The first could be a voluntary incentive package containing 'prizes' such as to be interesting for those who use the on-site exchange or partial auto-community. The second could be competitive auctions on the discount price such as to introduce a mechanism for early terminations from the Conto Energia agreements with the GSE.
- Implementation of virtual User Efficiency Systems (SEU). In practice, it means allowing those who produce renewable energy to sign energy sales agreements directly with SMEs in different geographical areas from where production takes place.
- Transfer the benefits generated by renewable sources and the surcharges that are already paid into the bill. The advantages consist above all in the decrease in the price of wholesale electricity triggered by renewables. The aggravations are those due to tax measures charged to renewables and in particular photovoltaic, which today converge in general taxation.
- Introduce a green tax system based on the 'polluter pays' principle. The reduction of the A3 component of the bills could derive from the destination to cover this item of the taxation of the most polluting products
You may also be interested in: The decree spreads incentives resets rents