How to protect yourself from the sun naturally: from DIY sun creams to tips to avoid sunburn and keep skin healthy and hydrated even in summer.
There are those who consider tanning creams and sun protection like real poisons to spread on the skin. It is for these people that we will see todayhow to protect yourself from the sun without cream and in a natural way.
How to protect yourself from the sun, the advices
It is not possibleprotect yourself from the sun and get a tanwithout making use ofsun filters. UV rays are very harmful to the skin… just think that in genetics laboratories they use UV rays to trigger genetic mutations in cells!
That said, do not take the hypothesis of using protective creams lightly. P.rolling from the sun without cream it is not possible unless you want to spend the day under an umbrella.
- Sunscreen should be applied at least half an hour before exposure and renewed throughout the day, especially after baths and showers.
- Follow the advice in the article "How to protect yourself from the sun".
- To ensure proper hydration to the skin is important. consume foods rich in vitamin C, Vitamin E, beta-carotene.
- Pay attention to the medications, if you are taking antibiotics, antihistamines or cortisones you would do well to avoid sun exposure altogether.
- To relieve the skin and prevent skin itching and redness, the application of a good natural after-sun product such as a highly moisturizing vegetable oil should not be neglected. Try the sweet almond oil!
- Put on sunscreen even if it's a cloudy day, UVA and UVB rays also penetrate the clouds.
- If you want to tan in a healthy way, you should expose yourself to the sun gradually, always avoiding peak hours (from 12 to 16). Gradual exposure also needsprotection.
- Always wear glasses, hat and, for the little ones, light-colored T-shirts.
Sweet almond oil
A good way todefend yourself from the sunis staying hydrated. Remember to take the right amount of water and apply moisturizing oils. Earlier we pointed out the natural sweet almond oil.
Among the various products we point out the nourishing Almond Oil, to be used as an after sun, preferably a few hours before a shower. It can also be applied after taking a shower, with the skin still damp, however we must remember that it is a natural product and like any vegetable oil, it will tend to grease the tissues. This product can be bought in pharmacies or on Amazon, at a price of 15.99 euros with free shipping costs. For all information, please refer to the Amazon page: Natural Almond Oil.
Creams and natural sunscreens
Let's say right away that it's difficultprotect yourself from the sun naturallywithout resorting to chemicals. However, the good news is that they are available on the market sun protection based on natural filters which boast a good efficacy and, who does not want to go to the pharmacy shelves, can prepare a sunscreen based on aloe vera at home.
There are lotions on the market containing natural or mineral sunscreens which come to completely exclude i chemical filters contained in the classic sunscreens. THE natural filters they do not absorb the sun's rays (as do chemical filters), but reflect them by functioning as a mirror.
The "reflectance" of the sun's rays is not 100% but it is such as to protect the skin from the sun in a natural way. Among the brands present on the market, we point out four that respect the "Bio" criteria.
- Eco Cosmetics
- The true
Natural sunscreens, advantages
The main characteristics of the lotions just mentioned are:
- Absolute absence of chemical filters.
- Absolute absence of dyes, perfumes or synthetic preservatives.
- Nanotechnology is not used for the production, which is why they are filters that do not penetrate the skin but merely create a non-invasive protective layer.
- They do not contain PEG.
- They do not contain parabens or other petroleum derivatives.
- They are made 100% withnatural ingredients.
- They are ECO-CERT or NA-TRUE certified organic products.
UV rays, damage to the skin
Light radiations, those that, so to speak, give color to objects, have wavelengths ranging from 560 to 760 nm. Radiation is like this: the more the wavelength increases, the less energy they are able to transmit. UV rays are able to transmit a lot of energy.
UV rays do not fall within the visible range and have wavelengths from 10 to 400 nm (including high UV). In this wavelength range there is the absorption peak (260 nm) of the nitrogenous bases of our DNA causing genetic mutations and this explains the danger ofUV rays.
Fortunately, thewavelength gods UV rays that causes this effect is rare on Earth because its atmosphere blocks it thanks to the ozone layer that protects us. The ozone layer, in fact, can be seen as a dense natural sunscreen which protects us from UV rays and makes life on our planet possible.
Despite this greatnatural sunscreen, the sun remains one of the main risk factors when it comes to skin cancer. Excessive exposure to UV rays, however, remains one of the main risk factors for the development of skin cancer and is certainly a premature aging factor of the skin.
For more information, refer to the guidelines of the Ministry of Health onWaves of heat and the health risks of the skin.