We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There is nothing more boring than hiccup, a reflex that lasts only a few minutes, but which in some cases even lasts for hours. Stopping hiccups is not a practice that involves medical treatment; there are no drugs about it! Fortunately, there are home remedies to get rid of hiccups and to prevent them; if the hiccups persist, it is evident that the cause lies in your habits, such as abuse of spicy foods, alcohol, etc. In this regard we will illustrate you how to stop hiccups using some simple remedies.
How to stop hiccups, remedies
It was the Greek physician Hippocrates many years ago who found a practical remedy; it consists in holding the breath while remaining in apnea for about fifteen seconds. This remedy is still considered the most effective, a scientifically supported maneuver, since it allows the diaphragm to relax. To make this procedure effective, it must be preceded by a deep inhalation. But veins home remedies are different:
1) Drinking a glass of water while mentally counting down: it helps to distract the brain
2) Quickly ingest a teaspoon of sugar: due to its composition in granules, when it goes down through the esophagus it stimulates the diaphragm and blocks its contractions.
3) To provoke a sneeze, perhaps by tickling the base of the nose with a feather: all the muscles of the diaphragm will be put into action
4) Gargle with water
5) Drink a teaspoon of vinegar: it causes a slight contraction of the esophagus, which often allows to block the spasm of the diaphragm.
6) Close the ears with your fingers and compress for a few minutes.
7) Swallow the air with plugged ears
How to stop hiccups, prevention
Do not overeat: often appears after ingesting too much food. Some experts believe that hiccups are your body's way of telling you to stop eating.
Do not eat quickly and chew well before swallowing: the vagus nerve (which controls hiccups) can be stimulated by the speed of swallowing and the trapping of air between pieces of food
Do not drink a lot of alcohol, alcohol or spicy foods: they irritate the mucous membrane of the stomach and esophagus.