THE courgette flowers they are very versatile in the kitchen; they can be fried, breaded but they can also be containers for a tasty filling. In this regard we will illustrate how to make stuffed courgette flowers, following our step by step recipe.
How to make stuffed courgette flowersi, what we need
- 10 courgette flowers
- 150 grams of mozzarella
- 1 pack of bechamel
- 100 grams of grated cheese
- 100 grams of cottage cheese
- 3 carrots
- 3 courgettes
- A handful of raisins
- 100 grams of flour
- Oil, salt and pepper
How to make stuffed courgette flowers, the preparation
- Take the courgette flowers and remove the stem and pistil, taking care not to break them
- Once this is done, wash and dry them, dabbing them carefully with absorbent kitchen paper
- Clean the carrots and courgettes then grate them coarsely
- Put the grated vegetables in a non-stick pan with a tablespoon of oil and brown for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon
- Season them with a pinch of salt, remove them from the heat and let them cool
- Pour the contents into a large bowl and add the diced mozzarella, ricotta, bechamel, grated cheese, raisins and a pinch of pepper
- Mix all the ingredients until everything is mixed well
- Fill the courgette flowers with the mixture just obtained
- Once this is done, prepare a batter made of water, flour and salt, to dip the stuffed zucchini flowers one at a time
- Drain the excess batter
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the stuffed courgette flowers
- Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper to lose excess grease and serve hot.
How to make stuffed courgette flowers, useful recommendations
- The courgette flowers must be collected with the thumb and forefinger of the hand from the courgette core, being careful not to damage the latter which could rot.
- Once you have picked the courgette flowers, place them gently in a box without overlapping them as the petals are fragile.