Risotto with asparagus, the recipe with meaty asparagus orwild asparagus. Creative combinations: asparagus and pancetta, asparagus and shrimp and asparagus and mushrooms.
L'asparagusit is an ingredient that always makes a good impression in the kitchen. If you want to amaze your guests or delight your palate, theasparagusit is the perfect ally. You can prepare it grilled, au gratin or even lend itself to the preparation of rolls with bacon.
Not just palate, the asparagusthey have a large number of beneficial properties and are low in calories. Among other things, with the asparagus we can prepare a good one risotto, a dish that does not require special culinary skills but only a little patience for cooking times.
If you have a small green space, you can also evaluate it cultivation of this precious vegetable. Growing asparagus does not require special practices: just follow some important attentions to have a very personal asparagus crop. Did you know that you can also grow asparagus in pots? Yep, right in pot! Maybe on the balcony or terrace….! You can find out all the details in the guide "How to grow asparagus“.
From the garden to the table, let's immediately move on torecipeto prepare aspinach risecreamyand tasty.
Risotto with asparagus recipe
Here are the ingredients for a very tasty asparagus risotto. The doses are for 4 dishes.
- 500 grams of asparagus
- Cooking water for asparagus / broth
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 225 g of carnaroli rice
- Half a glass of white wine
- 100 grams of butter
- 100 grams of grated Parmesan
Risotto with asparagus, the preparation
- After washing the asparagus, remove the tops and set them aside.
- Also set the woody base of the stems aside.
- Then take the residual part of the asparagus and chop finely.
- Pour the woody part of the stems into a pot with 750 ml of water.
- Add the salt and bring them to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Pound the asparagus with a slotted spoon then drain and toss.
- In the same cooking water, blanch the asparagus tips for about two minutes.
- Drain them, dry them carefully and set them aside.
- Pour the previously chopped onion into a pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Sauté over low heat and add the chopped asparagus part set aside previously.
- After about 3 minutes, pour in the rice and let it toast for a minute, stirring constantly with the wooden ladle.
- Pour in the white wine and let it evaporate by stirring the rice with a ladle so that it does not stick.
- Add two ladles of asparagus broth and cook, stirring occasionally until the rice absorbs the water.
- As soon as the rice absorbs the water, gradually add more broth.
- Ten minutes after cooking, add the asparagus tips and the butter.
- Continue to simmer and add more broth, a little at a time so that it does not result in a liquid risotto.
- When there are five minutes to the end of cooking (usually it takes about 20 - 25 minutes of cooking) add the grated Parmesan cheese (grana or reggiano).
- Turn up the gas and finish cooking over high heat, continuing to turn the rice with the wooden ladle.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before turning off.
Creamy asparagus risotto
For a creamy version, you can blend the asparagus stalks with the butter and cheese. This cream should then be stirred with the rest of the ingredients and added after the first 10 minutes of cooking.
Risotto with wild asparagus
The procedure and the quantities are the same as seen in the previous recipe. Cut the tips of the wild asparagus, fry them with onion and oil and then set them aside. Add the wild asparagus tips only after cooking.
Risotto with asparagus and prawns
A delicious combination is the one that approaches themasparaguswith prawns or scampi. Therisotto with asparagus and scampias well as the risotto asparagus and shrimpit can be flavored with delshellfish cartoon.
In practice, instead of using the cooking water of the spinach, to cook the rice, you will need to use shellfish broth (shellfish stock). Here is the recipe for asparagus and shrimp risotto. Here are the ingredients for 4 people:
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 10 mint leaves
- 300 g of prawns or 200 g of prawns
- fresh ground pepper, just enough
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt as required
- 300 g of arborio rice
- 150 g of asparagus
- 2 liters of broth (preferably shellfish stock)
Here's how to proceed:
- Clean the asparagus and boil them in boiling salted water for 6 minutes.
- The hardest part of the asparagus is sent to the mixer where you will get a cream. Set aside the tips and the most tender part.
- Clean the prawns. If you wish, clean a few more shrimp and set aside to decorate the dishes.
- In a saucepan, add a tablespoon of oil and cook the prawns for about a minute per side.
- Add a little fish broth and turn off.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the finely chopped onion. Add half a ladle of broth and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the rice and toast it. Add the asparagus (only cream and tender stems) and another ladle of broth.
- Thus begins cooking the rice which you will have to carry on for at least 10 minutes or as indicated on the package of the rice used.
- Add the shrimp and the toughest asparagus tips.
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli.
- Stir and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off and decorate each plate with mint leaves and any shrimp set aside.