If you are vegan and are looking for a delicious dessert, you can try your hand at preparing orange and chocolate muffins, a simple and quick recipe to prepare. In this regard, below you will find the recipe to make the vegan muffins to delight your guests.
Vegan muffins, ingredients to make 15 muffins for your guests
- 150 grams of corn flour
- 100 grams of rice flour
- 70 grams of soy milk
- 150 grams of organic vegetable margarine
- 20 grams of cream of tartar
- 120 grams of sugar
- 70 grams of chocolate chips
- 2 untreated oranges (peel and wedges)
- 4 tablespoons of rice malt
Vegan muffins, necessary
Baking tray or muffin tins
Vegan muffins, Preparation
- Take the muffin molds and grease them with margarine: this is necessary to extract the cakes more easily once they are cooked. You can also use paper cups to set in the molds: in this case you will not need to grease
- Put the margarine in a saucepan and melt in a double boiler
- In another saucepan pour the sugar, corn flour, rice flour and cream of tartar: as you add the ingredients, mix with a spoon
- With a grater remove the peel of the oranges then cut the slices, being careful to keep only the pulp and not the white part, which is more bitter
- Once this is done, stir vigorously until the mixture is homogeneous
- As you mix, add the malt, the chocolate drops, the chopped orange wedges, the grated peel and the milk.
- After the mixture is homogeneous again, transfer it to the molds
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- To check the cooking, just insert and remove a toothpick from the muffins: this must be perfectly dry. Vegan muffins will be very delicate and crumbly.
- Once cooked, muffins should be stored away from the air for about 2 or 3 days. You can also freeze them separately and then put them in a freezer bag
Variation: this recipe can also be made without following the vegan directions: just replace milk, margarine and cream of tartar with cow's milk, butter and yeast.