With the arrival of summer, the table is filled with lots of good and fresh vegetables. Eggplants, courgettes, peppers have a very wide use in the kitchen thanks to their versatility. The vegetables can be fried, breaded, battered, steamed, boiled, grilled or baked in the oven, they can also be used as a condiment for tasty first courses, they can be used as a side dish but also as a single dish: this is the case, for example, with stuffed vegetables . In this regard we want to suggest some recipes with vegetables, simple, good and quick to prepare.
If you love healthy cooking, opt for steam cooking: while the vegetables are cooking, only the fatty substances are released, leaving all the nutritional properties and their natural flavor intact. Another aspect to consider is the origin of the vegetables. Where do you buy them? It is clear that we must opt exclusively for vegetables from organic farming.
Recipes with vegetables, baking
Baking is a light and easy way to cook vegetables. Here's how to proceed:
- Clean the vegetables, cut them into cubes and arrange them in a baking dish, adding oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and a chopped onion.
- Cover the pan with aluminum or parchment paper and bake at 200 ° C for about an hour
- As the cooking time changes from vegetable to vegetable, before finally taking out the vegetables, check with a fork that they are all soft.
Vegetables can also be au gratin. In this case, you will have to add a sprinkling of breadcrumbs to the vegetables then put them au gratin with the grill for about ten minutes without covering with aluminum foil or baking paper.
Recipes with vegetables, useful information
- The aubergines must be deprived of the bitter liquid before cooking them: just put the slices already cut in salt for about an hour with a weight on top.
- There are vegetables that must be peeled before being cooked: this is the case with carrots, potatoes
- Tomatoes can be cooked and eaten whole but it is preferable to remove the skin: just leave them for an hour in a bowl with very hot water.
If you are on a diet, you can cook vegetables in a pan without oil: just put the vegetables in a non-stick pan, add some spice and a finger of water. Cook over low heat with a lid and stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. You will get a tasty dish low in calories.
You might also be interested in Chlorophyll: properties and benefits