Many do not know that it is possible to prepare the homemade ice cream without the special machine, with the same result as an ice cream bought in an ice cream parlor. To make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker you need a few ingredients and less than half an hour for preparation! In this regard, let's see how to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker, following our instructions step by step. The result? An artisanal ice cream in all respects, creamy and soft!
How to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker, the necessary
- 500 grams of yogurt
- 200 grams of red fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 60 grams of sugar
- 20 dl of cream
- Topping and raspberries to decorate
Did you know that yogurt can also be made at home? For further information | Homemade yogurt
How to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker, useful information
- Use only fruit from organic farming
- To make ice cream at home it only takes 25 minutes plus waiting times to let the preparation flavor and cooling times in the freezer.
- To facilitate the operation, place a steel tray with a lid in the freezer. If you do not have special trays, you can use a steel pot: but be careful it must be fitted with a lid and it must remain in the freezer long enough to become very cold. A good idea might be to leave it in the freezer for the whole night!
How to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker, the preparation
- After washing all the red fruits thoroughly, cut them into small pieces then place them in a bowl: if you prefer, you can make your own ice cream using only one flavor, for example just strawberry or just blackberry
- Once this is done, cover them with sugar and let them macerate for an hour
- After at least 60 minutes have passed, add the cream and yogurt to the sweetened fruit and mix
- Transfer everything to the blender and mix until the mixture is homogeneous
- Remove the steel tray from the freezer then pour the mixture into it, being careful not to fill it completely
- Cover the mixture with the lid and put it back in the freezer for another 60 minutes
- After the time has elapsed, remove the tray and stir the mixture vigorously with a spoon
- Put the tray back in the freezer once again and let the mixture harden for another hour
- Once this is done, take the pan again and stir vigorously again
- Put the tray back in the freezer for the last time
The ice cream can be enjoyed after about 4 hours. Once ready, you can decorate the ice cream with topping and fresh fruit