We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The classic air freshener that we use to perfume the home contains polluting substances that are harmful to both health and the environment: the writing on the label looks Arabic and this does not reassure us at all! Why not make a DIY air freshener? The systems for making do-it-yourself deodorants are varied, all equally simple, inexpensive and above all harmless to health and the environment. Let's see in detail how to make a DIY air freshener, using natural remedies.
DIY air freshener, natural diffuser for rooms
We can create room fragrance diffusers to be placed in the various rooms: it consists of placing fragrant herbs or fresh flowers in small bowls, adding a few drops of essential oil of the fragrance you prefer, taking into account that some essences are more suitable than others depending on the destination of use of the environment in which they will be disseminated.
- In the bedroom it is preferable to opt for essences with a relaxing effect with fragrances that can facilitate sleep: this is the case of chamomile, lemon balm, lime or lavender.
- In the living room, we prefer essences that somehow facilitate relaxation: extracts of lily of the valley, rose, magnolia, iris or mimosa are very suitable.
- In the kitchen, it is better to choose fruity and lively essences such as those of mandarin, orange, grapefruit, lemon and bergamot.
DIY air freshener with alcohol
- Take a small container and put ten drops of your favorite essential oil
- Add 10 ml of alcohol and half a liter of water
- Mix the mixture then pour it into a recycled spray diffuser
Here is yours DIY air freshener
DIY air freshener with baking soda
- Pour two cups of hot, but not boiling, water into the empty spray bottle
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda then shake well
- After the powder has dissolved in the water, add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
TIPS: these do-it-yourself air fresheners can also be used with stick diffusers.