Let's talk about vegan pizza orvegan pizza, here's what thetasteswhich you can never give up again! A few recipes and lots of tips to best match the ingredients.
There vegan pizza represents the alternative for those who choose not to eat animal-derived products, while not giving up the desire to enjoy a good pizza.
The classic Pizza margherita has cult ingredients "tomato and mozzarella" but the latter is banned for those who follow a purist vegetarian (ovo-lacto-vegetarian) or vegan diet. Don't worry, you can give up mozzarella without regrets: this ingredient can be replaced with equally tasty ingredients.
Let's see how to make vegan pizza following ours recipe and then we move on totastesmore gluttonous, able to delight the palate of even the most faithful pizza lovers.
Vegan pizza, recipe
Ingredients for 4 vegan pizzas.
- 400 grams of flour
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large onion
- 100 grams of fresh yeast
- 400 grams fresh tomatoes
- A handful of raisins
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 150 grams of tofu or vegetable mozzarella
How to prepare vegan pizza, the recipe
If you don't know where to find thevegan mozzarella, know that you can do it at home! Later we will see how.
- Peel the carrots, pepper then cut the vegetables into small cubes
- Once this is done, pour the vegetables into a pot in 600 ml of water, add a pinch of salt and boil for an hour over low heat with the lid on
- After this time, turn off under the heat, strain the mixture to separate the broth from the vegetables
- Wait for the vegetable broth to cool for at least half an hour before pouring in the yeast
- Take the flour, pour it over the work surface and form a mountain with a hole in the center
- Gradually add the broth and mix vigorously with your hands
- Then add a tablespoon of oil and stir again for about ten minutes
- Divide the dough into 2 loaves, sprinkle a little flour on top
- Cover the loaves with a damp cloth and let rise for an hour and a half
- In the meantime, make the dressing for the vegan pizza, then pour the finely chopped onion into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and let it fry for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, previously washed and cut into chunks, a pinch of salt, the raisins and sauté for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon
- A couple of minutes before, add the vegetables previously set aside and mix everything
- Take the two loaves and flatten them with your hands then put them in the pans
- Season with the freshly made sauce and cook in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20/25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a few basil leaves and the tofu cut into small pieces
Here is the recipe of yoursvegan pizza!
Vegan mozzarella, vegan cream and vegetable béchamel
These three ingredients are essential for anyone who wants to get a good list oftastes of vegan pizza. Therehomemade vegan creamit is easy to obtain and for the preparation I refer you to the guide: homemade vegetable cream.
The vegetable béchamel is just as quick to prepare, for the recipe: homemade vegetable béchamel. Similarly, it is possible to prepare some at homevegan mozzarella racy and flavorfulsour. The namevegan mozzarellait is not related to flavor -completely different from buffalo mozzarella or fior di latte-but to the stringy and soft consistency of this ingredient that can be easily combined with many vegetables.
For thevegan mozzarella recipe, you will need:
- 50 g of cornstarch or potato starch
- 60 ml of natural soy milk
- 30 ml of natural soy milk
- 70 gr of soy yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil or corn oil
- 1 pinch of salt
Start by preparing some sort ofvegetable creamby combining the oil and 60 ml of soy milk (4 tablespoons) in a very powerful mixer.
Aside, in a saucepan, mix the cornstarch, vegetable milk and soy yogurt. Add the salt. Mix until a thick cream is obtained and then add the vegetable cream (oil + mixed milk).
Don't worry if lumps will form…. you can use a whisk to make the task easier: you have to mix constantly until you get a thick cream. Then, stop with the electric whisk and continue with a wooden spoon until you get a ball.
Transfer yoursvegan mozzarellain an oiled container. Cover with cling film and let cool. When it is cold, cut it into slices and use it to season the vegan pizza!
Vegan pizzas, tastes
Let's start with theclassic tastes:
- Vegan Margherita pizza
- Marinara with aubergines, courgettes and peppers
- Marinara with mushrooms and wheat muscle
- Vegan pizza with rocket pesto, vegan mozzarella and baked potatoes
- Vegan pizza with basil pesto, soft tofu and walnuts
- Vegan pizza with vegetable cream, corn and potato croquettes (in the style of Palermo cazzillo which is naturally vegan!)
- Vegan pizza with basil pesto and zucchini
- Vegan pizza with parsley pesto *, baked potatoes and soft tofu
- Vegan pizza with vegetable mozzarella, radicchio, pine nuts and walnuts
- Dirty pizza with sauce, with fillet tomato, corn and rocket
- Pizza with vegan mozzarella, escarole, black olives and capers
The parsley pesto is very fragrant and easy to prepare, here is the recipe so as to expand thetastes of vegan pizzasthat you can prepare at home.
- 100 g of shelled walnuts
- 50 g of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
If thesetastes of vegan pizzaweren't enough, know that you can also count on:
- potatoes cream
- pumpkin cream
- grilled vegetables
- ground wheat muscle ...
A vegan pizza that doesn't disappoint is much simpler than you might imagine. What do you think of one vegan pizza with vegetable cream, potatoes and rosemary? Good!