Cream of pumpkin, classic recipe and variations: cream of pumpkin and leeks, pumpkin and potatoes, pumpkin and carrots, light recipe and tips.
There pumpkin it is a versatile vegetable that lends itself to the preparation of countless dishes. The symbol of Halloween par excellence, the pumpkin is easily combined with many ingredients in the kitchen, ranging from sweet to savory.
Another important aspect is the high presence of minerals contained in it. We are talking about essential micronutrients such as calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, iron, selenium, manganese and zinc.
Today we will use this precious vegetable to prepare onevelvetytasty, where its sweet taste will blend with the delicacy of potatoes, carrots or other companions. Will not miss the classic recipe of pumpkin soup without potatoes. But let's see in detail how to prepare the cream of pumpkin following our first recipe, step by step.
Pumpkin soup recipes, general tips
Serve the cream of pumpkin in deep bowls. Add a generous spoonful of grated Parmesan or flaked Parmesan.
There cream of pumpkinit can be accompanied with croutons or with pieces of "bruschetta" bread.
Velvety or pumpkin cream
In the soup, to know exactly how much broth is needed for preparation, just add the liquid to cover the vegetables on the surface.
If you want to get a thicker result, you can completely omit the broth, you will get onepumpkin creamequally pleasing to the palate.
Recipe of Pumpkin and Potato Cream
The ingredients for 4 generous portions.
- 1 kg of pumpkin
- 3 medium potatoes
- A liter of vegetable broth
- An onion
- 30 grams of butter
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil q. b.
Velvety Pumpkin And Potatoes, the preparation
- Peel the pumpkin then first remove the seeds, then the rind, being extremely careful not to cut yourself with the knife.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and pour everything into a bowl.
- Cut the onion into thin slices then blanch it in butter with a little olive oil in a large pot.
- Peel the potatoes then cut them into small pieces and add them to the onion.
- After a couple of minutes, add the chopped pumpkin.
- Sauté for a few minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After a few minutes, add the broth to cover the contents of the pot and cook until the potato and pumpkin are completely undone: it is preferable to cover the pot with a lid during cooking. It will take about half an hour.
- Place an immersion blender directly in the pot and blend everything until it becomes homogeneous: if the consistency is too thick, add a little more broth, if it is too liquid, add more pumpkin.
Cream of light pumpkin
In the light version it will be necessary to omit the butter and, if the ingredients must be made to flavor the creamfry, to lower the calorie content just stew them.
For a variant light just stew the ingredients with a little water. The dressing will be added at the end, directly when the cream is ready in its bowl: just add a drizzle of raw oil.
Those on a restrictive regime will also have to omit the cheese ... even if 10 grams of Grana Padano could excite your dish more by providing only 38 calories!
Cream of pumpkin and leeks
It's about acream of pumpkin without potatoes, the only ingredients are pumpkin and leek which must be fried in hot extra virgin olive oil to make the final dish tastier. For one more versionlight, just stew the ingredients with broth just as described in the recipe.
The ingredients for 2 people.
- 500 gr of pumpkin
- 3 leeks
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt, just enough
- fresh ground pepper
- vegetable broth
- Emmental (optional)
Creamy pumpkin and leek recipe
Clean the pumpkin and leeks. Heat some oil in a pan, add leeks and pumpkin, season with salt, pepper and cover with the vegetable broth. Cover the pan and let it cook for 20 minutes over medium heat. Be careful not to let the broth dry out, if necessary, add more to keep everything moist.
Grate the emmental letting it fall directly into the pan.
When the pumpkin and leeks are cooked, transfer everything to the blender and turn it on at maximum power.
Velvety pumpkin and carrots
This version has an extremely sweet flavor, so I suggest you flavor it with smoked provola. The ingredients
- 500 gr of pumpkin
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- Broth as needed
The procedure will take place as for the recipes seen previously. Optionally, you can also add 2 red potatoes (sweeter).