The skin spots they are a bad blemish due to limited changes in the color of the skin; they vary in shape and size and can be transient or permanent. The skin spots they can also be lighter or darker than the color of the surrounding skin, or even be completely free of melanin. The causes of their appearance are many such as skin aging, sun exposure…. but also antibiotics, phenothiazines, barbiturates, heavy metals (mercury) and sulfonamides have the ability to stimulate excess melanin, thus provoking the appearance of spots! Fortunately it is possible to lighten the skin spots using some natural remedies that we will list below.
Skin spots, natural remedies
- In case of dark spots on the skin caused by excessive sun exposure. We can use aloe vera: just apply the product consistently on the critical points. Long compresses on the affected areas are also good
- Rosehip oil is a vegetable oil that is effective against spots on the skin due to scars; if applied consistently, it helps the skin to reabsorb the scars, to flatten them and lighten them. It also reduces spots caused by aging or sun exposure.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, if applied constantly in the evening before going to sleep, is able to reduce dark spots or freckles: for application, just rub the lemon cut in half lightly on the affected area and leave a few minutes before to rinse.
- Another natural remedy for skin blemishes is gentian root decoction: to prepare it, just pour a teaspoon of dried gentian root (available at herbalists) into a cup of boiling water, mix, allow to cool and filter. For application, just make a compress for 15-20 minutes on the affected area, rinse and dry gently.
- Corn starch is also an effective product against skin blemishes: just make a compress with a tablespoon of corn starch, half a teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of warm water to make the mixture creamy. Apply the pack on the affected area in the evening and rinse after 10-15 minutes.
Stains on the skine, DIY stain removal cream
To lighten the skin spots you can take advantage of your moisturizer! Just add a drop of carrot essential oil and a drop of celery essential oil directly into the jar of your face cream. The only recommendation is to use a face cream made with natural ingredients.
You might also be interested in
- Ephelids: meaning and images
- Sun spots: skin and face
- Phototype: skin and tests