We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In separate collection of glass many mistakes are made that can be avoided! In this regard we will illustrate you how to differentiate the glassor correctly, thus contributing to the reduction of the environmental footprint. It should be noted that proper separate collection will help municipal administrations to contain the costs of disposing of urban waste.
How to differentiate the glass, the rules
- The glass must be separated in any context, therefore even outside the home. Raise the awareness of colleagues, friends, fellow students on the importance of separate waste collection!
- Check that the container in which you throw the glass is the right one: each type of packaging must be given correctly, in order to effectively and efficiently facilitate the recycling
- Make sure that the glass remains separated from other materials as much as possible: this practice will reduce the costly selection and treatment process upon arrival of the glassy material ready to be baked in the glass factory
- Remember to remove the glass also from plastic bags or other containers, before inserting them in the bell or in the condominium bin.
How to differentiate the glass, mistakes to avoid
- Do not rinse the glass packaging before differentiating it, simply empty it of any residues: the glass is in any case treated and made suitable for recycling in the melting furnaces of the glassworks. You will thus avoid wasting water!
- Do not remove labels or other accessories that do not come off: just remove everything that is easily removable: caps, collars, "sleaves", etc.
- Pay attention to what you throw in the containers, there are materials that look like glass, but they are not glass: there are inert materials that melt at higher temperatures than glass, such as glass ceramic, therefore crockery and oven dishes, whose absolute transparency can confuse even the more experienced eye.
- Do not throw away the shattered crystal: glasses, objects and crystal bottles have a high amount of lead, which must not contaminate the recycling process of the packaging glass. Therefore ceramics, terracotta and crystal must be given directly to the collection platform of the municipality of residence
- Other materials to be kept separate from glass are light bulbs, discharge lamps (neon) and mirrors as they contain substances that are dangerous for the environment, which are absolutely incompatible with glass recycling