We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cream of chickpeas: classic recipe and variations (with prawns, with mussels, with potatoes, veg, light chickpea cream…). Chickpea and hummus cream.
Who is on the hunt for a good one recipe of the cream of chickpeas it landed in the right post-o. There cream of chickpeas it is a dish that does not require any particular investment, both from a commitment and time point of view, and from an economic point of view. The ingredients are simple, genuine and cheap.
There cream of chickpeas is a dish of Tuscan origin, the recipe original sees the use of simple ingredients such as chickpeas, garlic, oil and stale bread. Here are the quantities for six people of the classic recipe which is also the lightest.
Cream of light chickpeas
Ingredients and recipe of the light chickpea cream,lightbecause the recipe does not contain fats except for those made from extra virgin olive oil. To further decrease the calories provided by this recipe, avoid the sauté and add 4 tablespoons of raw oil only in the final part of the recipe.
- 600 grams of chickpeas
To soak in cold water for 12 hours.
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper as required
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bunch of parsley
Cream of chickpeas, the procedure
- Fry the garlic cloves and the rosemary sprig in a saucepan with two tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil is boiling add the well-drained chickpeas. Cook for 3 minutes and cover with water (or vegetable broth if you prefer a tastier recipe) and put a lid on.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 1/2 hours until the chickpeas are tender.
- When cooked, salt the chickpeas, stir and turn off the heat.
- Blend the chickpeas using a fairly powerful blender.
- Arrange the cream of chickpeas in individual dishes and season with the remaining oil, add ground pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
Cream of chickpeas, tips and variations
- If during cooking, the amount of broth is excessive, evaporate the water by removing the lid from the saucepan.
- Serve with a slice of freshly toasted stale bread.
- There cream of chickpeas it can be accompanied with vegetables, envy and boiled beets are perfect.
- Vegetables can be used to garnish the main dish: coarsely chop the vegetable, sauté it in a pan with oil or butter and, once warm, place it in the center of the dish containing the cream of chickpeas. For the light variant, roast the vegetables.
Cream of chickpeas with prawns
An excellent variant of the recipe traditional Tuscan, is given by the cream of chickpeas with prawns. Ingredients for two people see:
- 300 grams of boiled chickpeas
- 10 fresh prawns
- two bay leaves
- two cloves of garlic
- pepper, salt and extra virgin olive oil as required
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cooking cream
- 100 ml of vegetable broth
- 1 glass of white wine
Cream of chickpeas with prawns, the procedure
- Drain the boiled chickpeas well
- Fry the oil with the two cloves of garlic and the bay leaf: when these have acquired color, add the chickpeas.
- Sauté the chickpeas for 3 minutes and, once flavored, lower the heat.
- When the chickpeas have cooled, blend them in a blender with a little fresh cooking cream and a few tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- Add salt and pepper and put the cream back into the pan: only now add the oil and turn off the heat when velvety will have reached its classic dense consistency (attention, it must be dense and not pasty).
- Prepare the shrimp by tossing them in a pan with a little white wine.
- Serve the cream of chickpeas and place the prawns in the center.
Cream of chickpeas and potatoes
Therecream of chickpeasispotatoesit's alight recipeperfect to serve in winter, to warm up on the coldest days. Therecream of chickpeas and potatoesit can be enriched with mussels that go perfectly with both the sweeter flavor of potatoes and the stronger taste of chickpeas.
The recipe is suitable for both those suffering from gluten intolerance and for those suffering from lactose intolerance because it does not contain starchy products, cheese or other dairy products.
Here are the ingredients for two people:
- 150 grams of dried chickpeas
to soak 12 hours. If you havecanned chickpeas, 250 gr are enough.
- 1 shallot
alternatively a sweet onion or white onion.
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- About 1 liter of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you use fresh chickpeas, keep them to soak overnight, after which cook them in plenty of water until they become soft. You will use chickpeas, dried / fresh or canned, in step 4.
Cream of chickpeas and potatoes, procedure
- Sauté with shallots and garlic.
For an even lighter cream of chickpeas, heat the shallot and garlic with a cup of water. Let it cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is transparent.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces and add.
- Let it cook for a few minutes and add the already salted broth, first just a ladle and then add enough oil to cover everything.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the chickpeas (canned or fresh but already cooked).
- Add the rosemary and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- With a mixer, blend everything until you get thecream of chickpeas and potatoes.
- Put it back on the heat and reduce the cream until you get the desired consistency.
- Season with pepper, garnish with parsley and serve.
How to make soups and soups in 20 minutes
If you love the soups and soups, you can consider purchasing a dedicated appliance which, thanks to pre-set programs, allows you to prepare soups and soups within 20 minutes.
In the case of the cream of chickpeas, all you have to do is wash the vegetables and put them in the jug, just like you would with a food processor with integrated cooking.
Those who have a Thermomix can use that, while those who don't want to invest too much money in a food processor can use an appliance dedicated to the preparation of soups and soups.
Among the appliances on the market we point out thePhilips Viva Collectionwhich prepares soups and soups in 18 minutes. He can prepare (cook and blend) soups, creams, soups, soups, jams, compotes and smoothies.
The Philips Viva Collection can be bought on Amazon at a price of 133.94 euros with free shipping costs, it has been updated with the 2018 model which has technical improvements (cooking is improved, has more programs, 6 cooking modes and pre-preparations -set) and materials (always in stainless steel but structured to simplify cleaning). In electronics stores it is priced at around 150 euros. Within 18 minutes he was able to preparesoups and soupsfor 4 people for a capacity of 1.2 liters of product.
The device mentioned is just an example, the market offers similar appliances even less expensive. I pointed this out to you because I have personally tested it and it is very convenient, especially easy to clean. A good solution to make soups and soups, and serve them at least once a week without having to bother pots, blenders etc ... With this type of appliance you just need to dirty a cutting board, a knife and ... that's it!
Hummus is a sauce made from chickpea paste and sesame seed paste (called tahineh, tahini or tahina). It is a kind of cream of chickpeas flavored with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin seeds and finely chopped parsley.
Hummus is a typical Middle Eastern dish, from the geographical area of Lebanon, Syria and Jordan.
Photo | flavorsericette.blogosfere.it