In the article we will illustrate how to consume tofu, a totally vegetable food as well as one of the fundamental ingredients of the vegetarian and vegan diet; it is in fact a product that does not contain lactose. The nutrients contained in it are interesting: vegetable proteins, Omega 3 and 6, iron and a low percentage of salt, it is also rich in flavonoids, important antioxidants since they fight the action of free radicals. The caloric aspect should not be overlooked; 100 grams of tofu they contain about 90 calories.
In this regard we will now show you how to consume tofu following our recipe.
On sale we find several varieties of tofu, from the fresh one produced directly from soy milk to the preserved one, although homemade tofu is preferable. Very versatile in the kitchen, tofu can be consumed for different preparations, from appetizers to salads to first courses to desserts. It can also be cooked in a pan combined with sauces or spices or grilled.
How to consume tofu, the ingredients for 4 people
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 medium firm but ripe tomatoes
- An onion
- One yellow pepper
- 100 grams of natural tofu
- 5-6 nuts
- A handful of pine nuts
- Apple cider vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, oregano to taste
How to consume tofu, the preparation
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, cut them into slices then put them to boil in salted water for about 30 minutes
- Toast the pepper on the flame of the stove
- Once this is done, remove the skin and seeds and cut it into fillets
- Peel the onion then cut it and slices
- Wash the tomatoes well and cut them into chunks
- Pass on a hot plate the tofu, if the dough is too high, divide it into two parts before roasting it: a non-stick pan can also work
- After about three minutes, let it cool then cut it into fillets.
- Pour all the ingredients into a salad bowl, add the shelled walnuts and pine nuts
- Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and oregano then mix well
- Serve with a few basil leaves