There zucchini omelette it is an excellent lunch to take with you to work or on trips out of town since it can be prepared well in advance; it can in fact be served both cold and hot. It is also healthy and suitable for vegetarians without neglecting the fact that its preparation is very simple and fast. There omelette which we will illustrate today is slightly different from usual; it is light as it is cooked in the oven and the vegetables have not previously been cooked in oil. But let's see in detail how to make zucchini omelette following our recipe step by step. The only recommendation is to choose organic eggs.
Zucchini omelette, the ingredients for 4 people
- 5 organic eggs
- 150 gr fresh ricotta
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 white onion
- A handful of pine nuts
- 1 pack of bechamel
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
Zucchini omelette, the preparation
- Peel, wash the courgettes then cut them into julienne strips
- Peel the onion then cut it into thin slices.
- Beat 3 whole eggs and 2 yolks in a very large bowl then add the grated Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Pour the zucchini, ricotta and pine nuts into the bowl, then mix until all the ingredients are well combined
- Whip the 2 egg whites until stiff with the help of a pinch of salt then add them to the mixture with a movement from the bottom up.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about 35 minutes.
- Before switching off make sure that the zucchini omelette is cooked: just stick the fork then pull it and check if it is dry.
- As soon as it is cooked, turn off the oven, open the oven slightly and let it rest for another 5 minutes before serving the zucchini omelette.