How to do perfect laundry in the washing machine: from detergents suitable for fabrics to the rules to be respected for make a soft and fragrant laundry.
Do a perfect laundry implies different needs: clean clothes, fragrant, softand above all intact: no tight pants or enlarged shirts! How many times has it happened to us to find ourselves with felted wool sweaters, faded clothes, dyed white linen and clothes one size smaller after a washing in the washing machine? In this regard we will now show you how to do perfect laundry in the washing machine following our directions.
How to do perfect laundry
First you need to divide the items to be washed in the washing machine then proceed to examine each item:
- Divide the laundry items, the colored ones on one side and the whites on the other. When doing the washing machine, it is not only advisable to divide whites from colored garments, but also the garments that need a delicate wash from those that can be washed with a spin cycle and high temperatures.
- When you want to wash at high temperatures, always divide light and dark ones between colored garments.
- Among the colored whites, distinguish garments that can be washed at a high temperature from those that require lukewarm or cold water.
- Close all types of laces, buttons, zippers, ribbons and laces, taking care to empty the pockets.
- Turn clothes inside out before putting them in the washing machine.
For perfect laundry, learn to read the label symbols.
How to do perfect laundry: detergent and fabrics
Know that each fabric has its own needs, not only in terms of temperature but also of detergent. Not all fabrics want an alkaline, foaming-rich detergent ... the problem is that almost all laundry detergents and soaps on the market are alkaline (they have a high pH). Fabrics like cashmere, silk, wool… they want a neutral or even acidic soap. For themachine wash of cashmere or wool sweaters, use a dedicated detergent such as those you find on "this Amazon page". The same detergents can also be used for hand washing. For more information: how to wash wool and cashmere.
- Wash underwear separately from all other garments for hygiene reasons, adding a mild disinfectant to the detergent especially if you wash baby clothes: if they are very delicate fibers, place them in a pillowcase to protect them
- Before bleaching, make sure that the garment is indicated by reading the label, generally the degree of intensity of the treatment is also indicated. For heavily soiled garments you can add bleach to the soap in the tub but avoid mixing too many bleaching products together as they are toxic together and ruin the fabrics.
- Always wash whites separately as they collect colors from other garments.
- Pre-treat necks, joints and cuffs with liquid soap: in the most serious cases, use stain removal products.
- Always wash clothes with embroidery, sequin applications, prints inside out to prevent them from being damaged in contact with other items to be washed.
- Wash with cold water if it is not a question of sterilization: washing at 90 ° C is excessive for the energy that is wasted. In addition, current detergents are very good, therefore prewash and water that is too hot are useless.
- Every month, add two tablespoons of bicarbonate to the normal detergent in the washing machine (except for washing silk, wool and delicate fabrics), an effective remedy to avoid yellowing halos.
- Prefer natural detergents: the classic detergents you find in supermarkets contain chemicals that are harmful to groundwater.
It can be useful: bad smell in the dryer.
How to make a soft and fragrant laundry
We arrive at the critical point: the softener! Everyone wants asoft and fragrant laundry. You must know, however, that that good "clean" smell is often linked to the presence of highly volatile substances that are toxic to health (allergenic, irritating to the mucous membranes, sensitizing ...), substances that are not lacking in softeners.
To get soft laundry, it's best to use a natural fabric softener. Vinegar, for example, is great for softening many fabrics and its odor disappears by drying the garments in the open air.
Those who prefer can use a ready-to-use "natural fabric softener". On the market, there is no shortage of natural detergents and softeners, there are several brands and among others, the most popular is the "winnis" which offers biodegradable softeners and detergents. For all the information, I refer you to this Amazon page.