There potato and artichoke omelette it is an excellent lunch to take with you to work or on trips out of town as it can be prepared well in advance. It is also healthy and suitable for vegetarians without neglecting the fact that its preparation is very simple and fast. But let's see in detail how to make potato and artichoke omelette baked following our step by step recipe.
Artichoke and potato omelette, the ingredients for 4 people
- 5 medium potatoes
- 5 artichokes
- 100 grams of grated Romano cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- A handful of pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Artichoke and potato omelette, the preparation
- Clean the artichokes, remove the most leathery outer leaves, until you get to the tender ones, then cut off the ends of the remaining leaves and hollowed out in the center of the artichoke to remove the beard
- Cut the artichoke hearts into wedges then put them in acidulated water (with lemon) to prevent them from blackening
- Peel the potatoes then cut them into slices, 1 cm thick, the potatoes
- Peel and chop the onion then pour it into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and sauté for a couple of minutes
- Add the artichokes, brown them for 10 minutes then add the sliced potatoes and season with salt
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon, cover with the lid and leave to cook over low heat for about 15 minutes: turn every now and then and add a little water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of pepper
- Pour the freshly cooked artichokes and potatoes into a very large bowl and add the beaten eggs, grated cheese, pine nuts and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan, sprinkle on top of the grated cheese and breadcrumbs then place in a preheated oven
- Bake the omelette at 180 degrees for about 35 minutes.
You may also be interested in: Artichokes properties and benefits