The fine dust, such as mites, formaldehyde, benzene contribute in a tangible way to domestic pollution which often turns out to be even higher than the external one. In offices it can cause the “polluted office syndrome” so much so that a study has shown that people subjected to this type of pollution lower their work performance by 20%. What to do to reduce thefine dust pollution?
Fine powders, prevention rules
- Pay attention to the choice of objects you put in the house, not only the furniture, but also the fixtures, electrical appliances, furnishing accessories, and also the position in which you choose to place certain objects
- Air the rooms well
- Avoid smoking indoors - cigarette smoke contains VOCs
- Sunny blankets and sheets at least 1 hour each day, if the day allows it
- Wash the sheets from 60 degrees
- Avoid objects where dust can easily reside, such as curtains, rugs, carpets
- Clean floors and surfaces every day
- Use natural air fresheners
Fine dust, prevention in furnishing
- Choose furniture and fixtures with natural finishes
- Do not buy furniture with chipboard, glues and synthetic lacquers: they are liberators of volatile organic substances
- Prefer natural padding
- Reduce the effects of electromagnetic fields, avoid introducing metal stools or tables or spring mattresses into the house: they are electrosmog accumulators
- Choose indoor plants suitable for purifying the air
- Do not place the bed or the sofa close to a wall with the electrical panel, moving away the alarm clock radios by at least 1 meter
- Do not sleep with the electric blanket running
- Do not put mirrors in the bedroom: they are conductors of electromagnetic radiation. The same applies to televisions, computers or mobile phones
- Prefer ecological and organic or natural detergents such as vinegar, baking soda or simple boiling water.
Some recipes of air fresheners
- For small rooms such as wardrobe, shoe cabinet, etc. Store the coffee grounds in a container and let them dry. Then mix them with a handful of cloves and place everything in a container. Place it then change it when it loses effectiveness.
- Deodorant for pantries. Sprinkle some vinegar on the dry coffee grounds and form a thick paste that will dry on its own. Place the preparation in the room to be perfumed and change it when it loses its effectiveness.
And remember: sodium bicarbonate is very effective against odors. Just pour it into a tray and place it in the room to be perfumed.
You might also be interested in
- Epoxy powders
- Flame retardants