The marble it is a natural material that requires special care in its cleaning. On sale we find many ad hoc cleaning products, however they are conventional polluting products both for the environment and for the home. Being a natural material why not treat stains with equally natural elements? In this regard, here how to clean marble using natural remedies. It should be noted that marble reacts violently to acid substances, vinegar, lemon, citric acid, coca cola, which is why we find alkaline products on sale: they counteract the acidity of stains, restoring the pH of the marble. But these are products rich in surfactants not of vegetable origin, which pollute the aquifers as well as being aggressive with our marble.
What to do to keep the marble?
Rub the surface with a soft damp sponge, adding Marseille soap. Then rinse with a damp cloth.
How to clean marble in case of accumulated dirt
Prepare a mixture made with three parts of baking soda and one of water and pass it on the marble using a damp sponge. Let it act for a few minutes, then rinse and wipe again with the slightly soapy sponge with Marseille.
How to clean the marble floor
Mix 3 liters of water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 10 tablespoons of pink alcohol and a few flakes of Marseille soap, previously dissolved in hot water. Once this is done, pass the solution on the floors then rinse with simple warm water.
How to clean marble in case of oil stains
- Put on the water stain, making sure that the water poured is not too much
- Pour some ecological powder detergent on the wet stain: a mountain must be created that is wet for 50% and dry for the remaining 50%
- Cover everything with aluminum foil or an upside-down glass to keep the detergent from drying out
- Leave it on overnight: if the stain is particularly difficult, leave it until the following day
- Remove the detergent: the stain should have been absorbed by the detergent and then disappeared.