With the arrival of the cold season, our immune defenses are put to the test. This is why it is important to protect our body and, as always ……. attention begins at the table! Fruits and vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins, fiber and mineral salts, but to get the most out of them you need to choose seasonal products. Why prefer seasonal vegetables? After harvesting, the vitamin content tends to drop, which is why fresh products should be chosen. Furthermore, many products that we find out of season are simply swollen with water and grown in greenhouses, lacking in flavor and not very nutritious. Therefore, it is essential to keep an eye on the seasonality of vegetables and fruit before going to the market.
So a lot of vegetables at the table, but for our recipes we use genuine seasonal vegetables that ward off ailments and delight the palate! In this regard, we now propose a vegetable risotto, an easy recipe to prepare.
Vegetable risotto, the ingredients for 4 people
- 300 g of risotto rice
- 4 artichokes
- A few cauliflower buds
- 1 shallot
- 1 untreated lemon
- 1 sachet of saffron
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- A handful of Parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, butter
Vegetable risotto, the preparation
- Clean the shallot and chop it finely then fry it in a pan with the oil
- Clean the artichokes, remove the outer leaves and the inner part, then put them in water acidulated with lemon juice
- After a few minutes, take 2 artichokes and cut them into thin slices then add them to the shallot, making them sauté briefly
- Pour the rice into the pot, toast it and then sprinkle with the vegetable broth
- Meanwhile, boil the cauliflower tops for a few minutes then drain
- When the rice is half cooked, add the cauliflower and the other 2 finely chopped artichokes
- Once this is done, add the saffron
- When cooked, stir in a knob of butter, with the Parmesan cheese and grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste then serve the vegetable risotto very hot.