Among the habits that have assumed a role of primary importance, we find that of deodorising and perfuming oneself. In the formulation of deodorants substances with a deodorizing effect and substances that carry them are used. However, among the substances we can find the presence of aluminum and zirconium hydroxychlorides which act through an irritating action. To overcome this problem we can make a natural deodorant at home. It is a natural deodorant that helps prevent the formation of bad odors without blocking sweating: the ingredients that make up this deodorant act by counteracting the bacteria responsible for the formation of unpleasant odors, thanks to their antibacterial and antifungal properties such as bicarbonate . But let's see in detail how to make a deodorant with baking soda following our directions.
Deodorant with bicarbonate, the necessary
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 250 ml of distilled water
- 10 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Lavender essential oil
Why bicarbonate? it is an antiseptic and bactericidal substance therefore it can replace the classic deodorant to neutralize unpleasant odors.
Why Tea tree essential oil? It is an oil with antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties and also does not irritate and is not toxic
Why lavender essential oil? It is a good anti-inflammatory and healing, it could help in case of small wounds caused during the hair removal of the armpits
Deodorant with bicarbonate, the procedure
- Pour the bicarbonate and distilled water into a glass bowl then mix well for a few minutes
- Once this is done, let it rest for 1 hour: the bicarbonate will settle on the bottom of the container
- After the time has elapsed, pour the liquid into a spray container, perhaps recycling the bottle of a finished deodorant: during the transfer do not shake the solution too much and leave all the deposit on the bottom
- Add the drops of tea tree and those of lavender to the mixture
Your natural, antibacterial, anti-odor deodorant with a light spring fragrance is ready
Deodorant with bicarbonate, useful information:
- Use every day but without overdoing the sprinkles
- Always shake before use, since the bicarbonate tends to settle and the essential oils are not water-soluble.
- In case of skin redness, discontinue use and contact your doctor