The ravioli It is a fresh pasta typical of Italian cuisine filled with various ingredients based on meat, fish, cheese or vegetables. The ravioli can be made at home with the help of the machine but nothing prevents you from using a rolling pin. The only recommendations are to use fresh seasonal products and to prepare the filling a few hours in advance so that it compacts well. Very good are the ravioli stuffed with walnuts, seasoned with good tomato sauce and in this regard we will now propose the recipe.
Ravioli stuffed with walnuts, the ingredients for 4 people
- 280 grams of flour 00
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of grated Parmesan
- 250 grams of robiola
- 12 nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt, nutmeg
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
Ravioli stuffed with walnuts, the preparation
- Pour the flour on the pastry board, forming a sort of mountain
- At the center of the flour add the whole eggs then a pinch of salt and mix with your hands
- Knead vigorously until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough
- Once this is done, put the dough in a fairly large container, cover with a dry kitchen towel and let the dough rest at room temperature for thirty minutes
- In the meantime, pour the robiola cheese, the grated Parmesan cheese, the previously chopped walnuts, a pinch of nutmeg and salt into a mixer, then mix everything for a couple of minutes: it is the filling.
- After letting the dough rest, roll it out with a rolling pin, creating a thin sheet
- With a kitchen washer, cut squares of about six / eight centimeters
- Place the previously prepared stuffing of robiola and walnuts in the center of the squares and cover with the remaining squares of pasta
- Press with your fingers and seal the edges carefully, then packaging the ravioli until all the ingredients are used up.
For the dressing of ravioli stuffed with walnuts
- Brown the chopped onion in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil
- After a few seconds, add the cherry tomatoes with a pinch of salt
- Let it cook for fifteen minutes and season with a few chopped basil leaves
- Meanwhile, cook the ravioli in a pan with salted water for just five minutes: the fresh pasta has a very short cooking time.
- Drain the ravioli, season with the tomato and basil sauce with a few sprinkles of finely chopped parsley and some walnuts.