Polenta, vegetarian recipe and many veggie ideas. How to prepare polenta with the original recipe and how to season it. From polenta pizza to polenta with cheeses and vegetables.
Polenta, original recipe
In the articlehow to make polentawe have youdictatedthereoriginal recipe of cornmeal polenta. In fact, there are many pre-cooked preparations on the market to allow you to cook polenta within 10 minutes, however, those who want to rediscover the authentic flavor of maize flour, will have to follow the traditional recipe which requires 40 - 50 minutes of cooking according to the desired consistency. On this page we will focus onseasoningsa vocation vegetarianto accompany thepolenta
How to season polenta with our vegetarian recipes
There polenta, an ancient Italian dish based on corn flour is one of the most consumed foods in the winter period. There polenta it has a rather delicate flavor, therefore easily adaptable, so the possible combinations are almost infinite.
The polenta-based recipes now handed down for a few generations, they are really many and all delicious: from fried polenta, to grilled or stuffed polenta, not to mention thePolenta Pizza.
There polentaTaken individually, it does not have many calories alone, the only problem may be represented by the condiments with which it is usually served. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make polenta following two vegetarian recipes, one tastier and the other lighter.
Polenta, vegetarian recipe with light toppings
Here's how to season polenta to get a light and vegetarian dish. The ingredients for 4 people are:
- 240 g of polenta
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan
- 30 g of black olives
- 150 grams of leerdamer
- Half onion
- A few tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
How to season polenta with grilled vegetables
- Prepare the polenta according to the classic recipe and let it cool
- Then cut the polenta into wedges
- Wash the pepper and grill it
- Peel and clean the pepper then cut it into fillets
- Pour the chopped peppers and chopped carrots into a non-stick pan then add the peeled olives and chopped onion.
- Sauté for a few minutes with a drizzle of oil and a handful of salt
- Then add the grated cheese, the leerdammer cheese cut into cubes, the chopped tomatoes, and mix well until the ingredients are combined: stir until the cheese has melted.
- Turn off under the heat and aside, prepare an emulsion based on olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt in a bowl
- Place the pieces of polenta on a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread this emulsion on top
- Then pour the pepper-based preparation over each piece
- Put in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes
Serve the polenta lukewarm.
Polenta pizza, vegetarian recipe
That ofPolenta Pizzait's arecipemore "substantial" from a caloric point of view. One serving provides 550 kcal. In the following recipe we will seehow to prepare polenta pizzafor 4 people.
- 400 g of mixed mushrooms
porcini, chanterelles, nails, champignons ...
- 170 g of flour for polenta (instant or follow the original recipe reported in the article "How to make polenta")
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 7.5 dl of milk
- 40 g of grated pecorino
- 200 g of taleggio cheese without crust
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper as needed
How to make polenta pizza with mushrooms and cheeses
The preparation takes an average time of 20 - 25 minutes while the cooking times are enough 15 minutes. Here's how to continue!
- Clean the mushrooms, rinse them, dry them and cut them into slices.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- In a large pan, heat the butter and oil. Sauté with garlic and mushrooms. Sauté them for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the rosemary needles, salt, pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Prepare the instant polenta as indicated on the purchase package. Once turned off, season with salt and add the pecorino.
- Pour the polenta into a baking pan that you will have lined with special paper.
- Made, with the polenta, four small discs so as to emphasize the rounded shape of the classicPizza.
- Cut the taleggio cheese into slices and spread them over the polenta.
- Activate the oven grill by placing it at 180 ° C.
- Bake for a few minutes, enough time to melt the taleggio.
- Once out of the oven, season with the mushrooms and rosemary, if you want, add more freshly ground pepper.
- Bake again until the cheese starts togild.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
In the photo above, a fried polenta sandwich filled with vegetables and cheese.
It might also interest you
- Pot for polenta