Have you ever thought about the importance of natural deodorants? Perhaps many do not know that the deodorants that we generally find in supermarket counters contain silicone substances that act by preventing common skin perspiration and occlude the pores of the skin by stopping the emission of sweat. Sweating is a normal and natural body process and is necessary, in fact it has the task of lowering the skin temperature, eliminating toxins and waste harmful to the body. The liquid secreted by the sweat glands itself is absolutely odorless, the unpleasant odor is only due to the presence of particular bacteria. The point is not to stop the sweat but to eliminate the bad smell. Quickly done! We can ourselves make a homemade natural deodorant without those harsh chemicals. Let's see in detail how to make a natural deodorant both in cream and stick, following our guide.
Natural DIY cream deodorant, ingredients and preparation
- 5 teaspoons of shea (or shea) butter
- 5 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of cornstarch (corn starch)
- 3 teaspoons of cocoa butter
- 2 capsules of vitamin E oil
- Essential oil to taste
- Pour all the powdered ingredients into a saucepan and mix well with a stick
- Put the saucepan to heat in a bain-marie for a few minutes then add the oils
- Stir again then pour the mixture into a container
- Put it in the fridge to stabilize it.
- After a few hours, the natural deodorant cream will be ready for use
Natural stick deodorant, ingredients and preparation
- Half a cup of baking soda
- Half a cup of cornstarch (corn starch)
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Mix the baking soda, cornstarch and drops of essential oil in a container
- Then add the coconut oil and mix again
- Recycle an old deodorant container by pouring out the freshly made homemade deodorant
- Apply the deodorant two days after preparation: a very thin layer is enough
ATTENTION: in case of very sensitive skin, just increase the quantity of cornstarch and decrease the sodium bicarbonate.